San Gabriel National Recreation Area - Not a Good Thing

I received the info below this afternoon -

Glendora Chamber Legislative Action Committee is hosting

A TOWN HALL MEETING

Wednesday May 21st at 7pm

Citrus Valley Association of Realtors

504 E. Route 66, Glendora, 91740

Dear Friends,

I’m writing to let you know about an important Town Hall meeting whose purpose is to inform residents about proposed legislation to create a San Gabriel National Recreation Area (NRA) that may impact our private property rights, water supply and our local control.

For the past two years, I've been studying three pieces of legislation proposed by Congresswoman Judy Chu, California District 32. In March of 2014 official drafts of the legislation were released.

If passed, the legislation would place a National Park overlay upon approximately 621,860 acres of the San Gabriel Valley and the Angeles and San Bernardino National Forests. Several dozen cities along the foothills and San Gabriel River are included. The proposed NRA boundaries will extend along the foothills from Santa Clarita to San Bernardino and south along the San Gabriel River to Santa Fe Springs (see the map below).

In the San Gabriel Mountains, sections of the river would be designated as “Wild and Scenic” and sections of the mountain range as “Wilderness.” These designations would modify the type of access and usage allowed in those areas. Should we rejoice, be concerned or both?

To learn more and ask questions, please attend a Town Hall meeting on Wed., May 21st at 7pm. at the Citrus Valley Association of Realtors in Glendora. All are welcome. Speakers include proponents of the legislation, the water agencies, National Forest Service, Director of Environmental Analysis, and elected officials from foothill cities.

Feel free to forward this information to others.

For more information, and to see maps and copies of the draft legislation, visit my new blog: www.GlendoraJudy.com

Sincerely,

Judy Nelson

post-26236-0-68128000-1400381906_thumb.j

Worst designation in the country,ya'all better fight like LL. Same bs here as meeting on the 26 to go NO MINERAL entry on 35,000+++ acres of the trinity river-even private property sic sic sic sobs environutz-John

• 4 months later...

Yep, BLM and Fed. Fish & Game are declaring just about every place in Arizona that has any water a sanctuary for the Yellow Beaked Coocoo...Includes the Hassyampa River from Prescott all the way past Wickenburg ... Also including the Salt River which impacts water, power, recreation and mining all for a bird that doesn't ever exist here in Arizona ... No sluicing, no dredging, no swimming, no wading, etc... This freakin' government is out of control!!!!

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2014-10-03/pdf/2014-23640.pdf

:th: I got as far as getting rid of tamarisk that the CooCoo's nest in and replacing them with willows..........

......................................................................................................................................................................

Uncle Ron stated,"Yep, BLM and Fed. Fish & Game are declaring just about every place in Arizona that has any water a sanctuary for the Yellow Beaked Coocoo...

• 2 weeks later...

Sad...Thanks Gaius

For more about this see my "jim straight here" which is an electronic campfire with

over 2000 posts. Thanks Bill for pinning it and those who post on it... Every one is welcome

to throw an electronic log on the campfire... jim straight