Nugget Shooter Forums

yall have it made

Must be nice living in Arizona and Nevada and other warm places...... I'm still waiting on 40" of snow to melt so I can do anything here in Wyoming lol Hoping to get out a little more this year than last year how else am I gonna beat my 1.67 oz record Haha Been awhile since I've been on the forum forgot my login for the longest time still entertainment just reading yalls posts though best of luck this year guys

• Like 1

When I was a kid back in the 70's in Tucson, I didn't think twice about walking out to the Hues Properties buy the Airbase to hunt rabbits. 30lb bow and 7 arrows was all I needed. 114-120F out there. I spent two or four hours out there three times a week chasing those stupid rabbits. Never even brought a Canteen or bottle of water.. Last year I visited a friend of mine minding a Ranch in Douglas Arizona. It hit 116f and I was totally Decapitated. I could not Function. He had no AC or Electric for a fan or any thing unless he ran a Gen. I thought I was going to DIE. When I received my first assignment to the UK, Everyone was walking around in shorts and T shirts. They looked at me like I was a Nutt Job because I had my Field jacket with liner on. LOL.... If your use to living in the Heat your blood thins out and helps keep you cool. If your use to Colder stuff your blood thickens up and helps keep you warm. It took me almost two years over there to be walking around in shorts and T Shirt.

We are fortunate here. I mean you can even go out in the summer if you do a night hunt.

It does get a little toasty here in the summer but I sure would rather have that vs the cold and snow.

Hope you beat your record this year!
GL to ya

Tom

• Like 1

I remember back in Nam when it would get Down in the 70's and I had to wear a lined field jacket to stay warm......... Politics may suck wind here in the Golden State, but the weather on the western slope of the Sierra sure can't be beat

Do ya'll have a dry heat index in CA? Like here we have a heat index based on humidity. Example: 90 degrees with "feel like" temp of 100 degrees.

Can 100 degrees feel like 90 degrees due too low humidity? I guess that's what i'm asking....haha!

Do ya'll have a dry heat index in CA? Like here we have a heat index based on humidity. Example: 90 degrees with "feel like" temp of 100 degrees.

Can 100 degrees feel like 90 degrees due too low humidity? I guess that's what i'm asking....haha!

Yup, especially if you wear a straw hat with a good amount of vented space above your brain bucket and long sleeve shirt. Once you start sweating your clothes act like a swampcooler.

Wow it gets hotter in Texas then Arizona...Who would have ever thunk it....lol

I'd feel like I was in air-conditioning if I lived there. haha!

Calif. 134 July 10, 1913 Death Valley
Ariz. 128 June 29, 1994 Lake Havasu
Texas 120 Aug. 12, 1936 Seymour

night hunting works for me. :thumbsupanim AzNuggetBob

Lets see. Now going by the chart if we have a 106 degree day and we have 50% humidity (and many days over that) we have a feel like temp of 137 degrees. Sheeeeeeshhhhhh....I need a rag to wipe the sweat off my head...ugh

Heat and humidity can do you in.

This time of the year is the best in Goias. Hot for sure--- but cools off nicely at nite. No cloud cover means no trapped heat so a crisp temp in the early morning means many reptiles are hunkered down.

Problem here is UV. It is off the chart bad. Adding to it is the fact that from some reason the earths magnetic field is the weakest over Brasil. Long sleeves-- head cover and good sun glasses are a must.

Well I hope this year is mild like last year in Texas. I don't think we had over 5 days over 100 degrees. Very unusual. Prolly global cooling... :evil1:

Heat and humidity can do you in.

This time of the year is the best in Goias. Hot for sure--- but cools off nicely at nite. No cloud cover means no trapped heat so a crisp temp in the early morning means many reptiles are hunkered down.

Problem here is UV. It is off the chart bad. Adding to it is the fact that from some reason the earths magnetic field is the weakest over Brasil. Long sleeves-- head cover and good sun glasses are a must.

Humidity kills me. It can be 70F , but with high humidity I will be sweating bullets in notime.

THAt reminds me of the stock of white longsleeve work shirts I need get. Baby powder and diatomaceous earth will work as sunscreen( so will mud and dirt :brows: ) in a pinch until they get sweated off.

I've found long sleeve SILK and poly dress shirts @ SAlvation Army/Goodwill for just 3$.

Edited by weaver hillbille

Rim can you send some of that global cooling over here. We are starting the year smokin. 109 in Bullhead yesterday, ouch. :Just_Cuz_06: And No it doesnt rain here in Az. but in the summer when it does,it pours. and thats a good thing for gold if you know were to look.
Ive seen washes that had much of the overburden blown off in a monsooner.
It may only travel for a few miles before dissapearing back onto the ground but in the right place it can be a bonanza.
almost like a minus tide on the beach. AzNuggetBob

Yes I watch weather for a clue on new/old areas to hunt. another pro tip. AzNuggetBob

Humidity kills me. It can be 70F , but with high humidity I will be sweating bullets in notime.

THAt reminds me of the stock of white longsleeve work shirts I need get. Baby powder and diatomaceous earth will work as sunscreen( so will mud and dirt :brows: ) in a pinch until they get sweated off.

I've found long sleeve SILK and poly dress shirts @ SAlvation Army/Goodwill for just 3$.

SHSSSSSSS.................thats a secret!! :)

Ok..thats were I get my hunting clothes at also.

Dont matter if you rip them up....thier cheep! :) Especially on half price Sat.

Heck, I found a classifier in the pots and pans area..only paid 3 bucks for it.

Guess they figured it was a spagetti strainer or something.

Tom H.

Rim can you send some of that global cooling over here. We are starting the year smokin. 109 in Bullhead yesterday, ouch. :Just_Cuz_06: And No it doesnt rain here in Az. but in the summer when it does,it pours. and thats a good thing for gold if you know were to look.

Ive seen washes that had much of the overburden blown off in a monsooner.

It may only travel for a few miles before dissapearing back onto the ground but in the right place it can be a bonanza.

almost like a minus tide on the beach. AzNuggetBob

Yup, yup yup....

Monsoons expose new bedrock, bury other areas and throw gold all over the place. No ryme or reason when a monsoon flash flood blows through.

Ive found it on the outside bends up high, and in fast deep throats of a wash.

What ive figure out is...there aint no figuring it out :) Well, there are some indicators though.

Tom H.

Indicaters? I dont need no stinkin indicaters. I can smell the gold, along with my dog.
and I never hunt high in the washes. there's no gold up there? AzNuggetBob :4chsmu1:

Hey Tom some people dont need no stinkin maps but I have to say it would suck
without Google Earth. :D AzNuggetBob