Nugget Shooter Forums

Turkey modern gold coin finded with gold bug dp

hello dear friends after few months of being skunked here its me again. crazy gold bug keep doing good job.

post-26563-0-61297800-1399014886_thumb.jpost-26563-0-40827900-1399014888_thumb.j

Me and my son Luka been on field, working with detector in rent, for some guys who find 2 more there some time ago. becouse its been wery rude people, keep us lot of time in field without food or water (i brings small bottle but for Luka only) wery close to end of day i got signal and dig out when they dont looks. when i see its gold coin i fast hide it in my pocket. its maybe not wery dicent act but they ackting like idiots whole day, deserve that

only what i know its that its turkish gold coin from 1972, thats all. dont find it anywhere in catalogs.

if someone can help me to find it i will be thankfull

Edited by IzNoGood

Beautiful coin and gold is always good. Sorry to hear your under such horrible working conditions. I hope your life improves and you great finds continue.If your 1972 date is correct it's a Kemal Ataturak-Monnale de Luxe- it contains 35.080 grams of .917 gold and has 1.034 oz of gold BUT IT IS A EXTREMELY RARE COIN OF EXTRAORDINARY LOW MINTAGE . So it is worth MUCH more than gold values,at todays prices over $1,278. A real coin collector would pay a huge bonus as only 15,000 minted and the others of the same series many millions. Fantastic rare coin. YAHOO congratulations. If possible make it disappear like other things for better times. Stay safe-take care-John

Hard to tell without knowing denomination. As you see, there are several.

This specimen is from a series of Turkish gold bullion coins called "monnaie de luxe." Issued 1943-80 in denominations of 25, 50, 100, 250 and 500 kurush (or kurus or qirsh) some bore regnal dates and others (like this one) bear Common Era dates. Most, such as this one, display the portrait of the father of Turkey, Kemal Ataturk; some bear the portrait of his chief lieutenant, Ismet Inonu. The style recalls the elaborate calligraphy found on old Ottoman gold coins.

http://www.coinfactswiki.com/wiki/Turkey_1964_500_kurush

This link has a 250 displayed.

Edited by Rimshot

Way to go Luka, teaching your dad how to use his Gold Bug detector.

Stay safe you two good people and you did right putting the coin in your pocket so other people couldn't see it....

You should have done the same with that huge nugget Don...ugh

Thanks guys a lot. Lipca no need for wories. i am not from usa, and i am man who know to protect self and family.

here its Luka with our find post-26563-0-58277900-1399103487_thumb.j

and as i promice once in past to my friends, here its photo of Luka with big gold coin and big smail on his face :))))

post-26563-0-73742300-1399103504_thumb.j

Thanks a lot guys, this all not been posible without you and your big help at my start in world of prospecting and metal detecting.

God bless you all

(1) Gold Seeker.htm

(1) Gold Seeker1.htm

Edited by IzNoGood

Excellent find Iz! Good looking son. Sounds like you're making well of a less than desirable situation. Good on you!

Shep

Iznogood,

Congratulations on your wonderful find. The greatest treasure, will be the memories of hunting together with your son.

Ben

You are wery right Ben, that its biggest treasure of all. money and gold its passing things in life(hope i write well). actualy, i sold it for 200euro. 1euro its 115dinars, serbian money, $ its abouth 85 so you can imagine how much in $.

i will say just one, in Serbia many people work whole month for 150euro or even less, so i am happy to make someone monthly payment for day on field, having good time with my son, and we also take 50euro that day for renting our detector and skills. i thinks that score of that gold bug till now its way over 10 000$ maked for my family. metal detecting realy makes our lives to be easyer and better, Luka get it most from it.

Great to know how much of a difference in your lives a detector makes

• 1 month later...

hello dear friends after few months of being skunked here its me again. crazy gold bug keep doing good job.

attachicon.gifss1.jpgattachicon.gifss2.jpg

Me and my son Luka been on field, working with detector in rent, for some guys who find 2 more there some time ago. becouse its been wery rude people, keep us lot of time in field without food or water (i brings small bottle but for Luka only) wery close to end of day i got signal and dig out when they dont looks. when i see its gold coin i fast hide it in my pocket. its maybe not wery dicent act but they ackting like idiots whole day, deserve that

only what i know its that its turkish gold coin from 1972, thats all. dont find it anywhere in catalogs.

if someone can help me to find it i will be thankfull

Bless you and your son. The USA is headed your way fast.