Nugget Shooter Forums

Colorado State Fairgrounds!

Got permission to detect the fair grounds and thought I was "in relic heaven" as the fairgrounds were built in about '06 and have been in continous use ever since..... little did I know they had been letting MD ers in for several years in the days following the fair, but I have no idea what they have been using as I have been doing pretty good with my Silver uMax over a couple days making finds that have been there for years judging by the corrosion and patina of my finds.... But have been skunked as far as silver coins or wheaties.... so far : )

post-27207-0-25262500-1398872437_thumb.j

Maybe those that have gone in ahead

of you were just "cherry picking"

the silver coins? I've been to several

places that I think the same thing had

happened....kinda disappointing.

Are you running any disc,possible to be too high and eliminating them??John

Edited by Hoser John

Got permission to detect the fair grounds and thought I was "in relic heaven" as the fairgrounds were built in about '06 and have been in continous use ever since..... little did I know they had been letting MD ers in for several years in the days following the fair, but I have no idea what they have been using as I have been doing pretty good with my Silver uMax over a couple days making finds that have been there for years judging by the corrosion and patina of my finds.... But have been skunked as far as silver coins or wheaties.... so far : )

attachicon.gifFinds_3.JPG

Are you detecting the fairgrounds in Pueblo? As a kid my dad and I used to have great luck under the bleachers and anywhere there was or used to be a wooden sidewalk, or a nice shade tree. I used to show livestock back in the day. My dad had just gotten the latest and greatest metal/coin detector back in the early 1970's and we'd always bring it whenever we went roping, rodeoing or to the various livestock shows and detect the grounds.

Yes this is the Pueblo Fairgrounds, and I haven't even gotten to the rodeo or livestock areas yet, have only covered 10%-20% of the common grassy areas...

I tried in the very back where the old original horse stalls and showing areas were very first thing, but down across the front of the stalls it was hard as concrete and very few hits, so I moved to the grass....

Still feel that the back areas have a much greater potential for older relics, buckles, spurs etc and even coins, it probably isn't as heavily Detected, if at all.

So it appears I have a lot of exploring to do, just have to stay friendly with the Maintenance Crew, and maybe find out what their favorite beverage is .....