Nugget Shooter Forums
frank c

Bill's Seminar in Vegas

I walked in a few minutes late and the room was SRO.
Standin room only
So that allowed me to really oversee all that was goin on. I had a leaning spot on the rear wall against a counter.
I'll say Bill had the groups attention and held it.
I enjoyed myself and the time went by so fast I couldn't believe it.
Wish I hadn't missed Doc's presentation it was right after Bill's but circumstances prevented it. That gives me something to look forward to next year catching Doc's an Reno Chris's talks.
I could listen to Bill tell stories all day long Thanks for devoting some of your time to the public Mr. Southern.

I 'caught' Bill over here in Lancaster and also saw him at Mesa. He passes along some good info but I'll tell you that it takes someone pretty experienced to get the most out of his presentations. A newbie thinks they know but the basics are way behind them after the first 5-10 minutes.

It is difficult not to get too advanced but people who have been to the show for several years want a reason to come back also.

Mitchel

Thanks guys and how come I didn't see ya Frank? Sure would have liked to say hello!

I'm the one that was standin in the back and said "she don't lie" when you got to the part about detector's audio responses.
You were swamped with people up the front when ya finished talkin didn't want to take up any more of your time.

We were there for Bills session on Sunday. If anyone ever has a chance to listen to him speak, make every effort to do so.

Hi Bill,

That's very flattering that there was standing room only. Sounds like it's a definite do-again.

Glad it went so well for you, Ben

Thanks guys, all my talks have filled the room and yes I am flattered and enjoy the chance to help so many learn.... It is what I enjoy most.

Hi Bill it was good seeing you and Kevin H. I also walked in late, started earlier than I thought. I found a spot in back next to the water cooler. Frank was that you that I was standing next to ? lol..We have never met. I also met dkdr9900 on Sunday, good to meet you and best of luck with your drywashing !

Bill you presented a great talk, I and we all enjoyed it. Thank you..

Jon

Hey Bill ... have you ever given thought to giving one of your talks at an outing? Maybe even a condensed version if in your opinion the guys and gals at the outing would be better served. Are you going to speak at the GPAA show in Prescott Valley in May?

Mike F

Howdy Mike,

There is no GPAA event I know of in May at Prescott Valley... Just talked with Kevin and he said you may be thinking about the gig Travis was planning and that was cancelled by arena owners for a sports event coming up... I do Gold Expos and LDMA outings mainly.

Hey Mike,

That is a great ideer, briskit, pointy finger, red ball ? , grins an companionship, PLUS instruction an edumication..... Priceless!!!

Jeff

Hi Bill it was good seeing you and Kevin H. I also walked in late, started earlier than I thought. I found a spot in back next to the water cooler. Frank was that you that I was standing next to ? lol..We have never met. I also met dkdr9900 on Sunday, good to meet you and best of luck with your drywashing !

Bill you presented a great talk, I and we all enjoyed it. Thank you..

Jon

Hi Jon, I don't know if there was a water cooler on the side I was on Too many bodies ta see, When you walked in the door of the room we were on the right rear my wife was sitting on the counter against the back wall an I was standin with a "Bunk's Arizona Prospecting" hat on. ???

Hi Frank thank you for replying. I walked in and turn to the left. I went in the wrong direction again...

Tomorrow AM I am planning on attending the Dredge court hearing in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. May we hear some good news tomorrow !!

Jon

Hi Bill ... Thanks ... Hadn't heard the PV event was canceled. Somehow I was under the impression it was a GPAA sponsored event since I heard about it at the Mesa event. Local knowledge sure failed me this time ... didn't know what was going on in my own town ... LOL! I still think a mini version of one of your lectures at one of your outings would be a welcome addition.

Mike F

Ya Bill great talk I been doing this for for years swing, I may be wrong but I think we started prospecting around the same time , but every time you give a talk I learn some thing . I would have said hi but you had to many people around you I was holding up a wall in the back of the room . lennyuma

I enjoyed Bill's Sunday Vegas seminar. I learned I'd been swinging the detector way too quick. I tried to talk to Bill after, but the line was long. I went back once the raffle started, but there was still a line to talk to him.

No matter what, I just knew I had to take-in Ol' Master Bills

talk at the Lancaster show. Since I was wheelchair bound I got

there early and was outa everyone's way on the far left front

row where I also could hear Bill real good.

Bill really knows his subject. He really covered the basics

that most plague most beginners, such as swinging their

search coil to fast, not overlapping their swing. Then he

covered more advanced techniques smoothly, stopping to answer

all questions. All through the talk Bill was moving about and

enthusiastic... Not only was the Lancaster event packed,

standing room only; but without a doubt Bills talks will always

draw crowds of those who wish to be successful.

tailgate jim straight

Thanks my friends....