Nugget Shooter Forums

Excellent weekend past!

adam

The mission for boulder dash and I was to find the source of the silver crystals we`d been finding in the gully below. We hiked the dry washer and generator up into the suspect tributary. After running several buckets in various spots, we had struck out! All we found was literally hundreds of galena placer nuggets, and no dendritic silver. :89:

GalenaWash_zps983378fc.jpg

Plan B , Go Detecting!! :oregonian_winesmiley:

Heres a nice little nugget that my new Apple iadvantage coil nailed :brows:

DSC07097_zps786272c7.jpg

There were many somewhat fresh dig holes in the area, but that didn't intimidate us :nono: With a couple gold bug II`s and an SD2200V2, boulder dash and I had a very rewarding Plan B. Overall we both scored some nice nuggets. Most of which were well earned :Diggin_a_hole:

Mine are on the Left and Boulder dash`s on the right... Great trip man !! Cant wait to go dry washing dude!

Please NOTE: I found eight of my nuggets in one drop out, otherwise I may have had far fewer.

DSC07105_zps358cb5dd.jpg

Edited by adam
  • Like 1

Great goin you two!!!!!!!! I Can hardly wait to get my new 129.95 metal detector I got at BIG 5 out there

and find some nuggets in them thar gulches at LSD..........really????

DAVE

Man! Way to go you two!
You guys really got some nice gold. Couple of big ones too :)
Hope you get more out of that area.

YEEHA!
Tom H.

Are the ones on the left SD2200 finds? And on the right Gold Bug 2's? Just curious. Congrat's!

Edited by Rimshot

:zzzzz: ho hum ... just another day out in the field for Adam and Boulderdash.

Do those galena placer nuggets have any gold in them?

Jean

Not likely Jean,, but there could be trace silver in it. There is crystalline fine gold in the gully too. Same source ? maybe

Are the ones on the left SD2200 finds? And on the right Gold Bug 2's? Just curious. Congrat's!

Yes Rim, most of the ones on the left were beeped with the 2200. A couple smaller ones with the gold bug II. Keep in mind however, that I hit one hole dropout with 8 of them in it......

Edited by adam

Ive got an old original gb, I have yet to put it over a nug. I can't seem to get away from drywashing lol, I suppose once I find a gram plus nugget in my tailings ill put more faith in the detector. I would love to get a gold bug ii but I gotta find more au first lol. Keep it up guys, youre an inspiration for us newbies!

Good ol' original GB will definately go off on a nugget,do you have a test piece to be certain with for field use?? You never know when batteries are going to go weak/die or microwaves can mess ya up too. Shielded yes but even the new GBPROs have had a amazing problem-where they sang(3 of them with 7 different coils dozens and dozens of times,zip zero natha) ,nuttn' but chirping stattaco and goes off everywhere ,even 18 miles away from the nugget patch???John

Nice goin guys!!!

Nobody's postin finds as reguraly as you two. :worship:

So Adam...an Intel Processor, an Apple Coil, whats next?

Military grade Polymer shafts? Klipsch modded head phones? Sony LED display screen? Ground penetrating radar on the SD?

Wish I had your electronics connections...Still can't find that Dave guy at Intel, they keep telling me to come back next week.

Nice goin guys!!!

Nobody's postin finds as reguraly as you two. :worship:

So Adam...an Intel Processor, an Apple Coil, whats next?

Military grade Polymer shafts? Klipsch modded head phones? Sony LED display screen? Ground penetrating radar on the SD?

Wish I had your electronics connections...Still can't find that Dave guy at Intel, they keep telling me to come back next week.

Hey , that's nuthin....

Now my GB II is energy star rated :brows: Im just keeping up with technology, dunno what everyone else is doing :nutty::D

001_zpse3286d60.jpg

Greg, Good job! Your work paid off! But no fish??

Jim

Galena nuggets huh? Never heard of such a thing. But based on your picture, I found a wash full of those in Nevada once. I thought they were some sort of melted pot metal washed down from an old mining operation. Too bad there is no value to them.

Digger Bob