Nugget Shooter Forums

Nice skunk killer

TomH

Hey all:
Well, dad and I went back up to that spot we found the 1/2 ozer at last week and decided to do some digging.

We dug out the wash from the bottom of the pic up to the top...didnt get a speck :idunno:

So, we do some detecting farther upwash and in some small tribs that run into the big wash.

Still nothing. Well, we call it quits for the day and we head back the 3/4 mile to the truck. :hiker: Dragging this little black and white thing behind me...........

Im usually ahead of dad on the way back and I see this little trib that ends in a box canyon....do I want to detect it...nah...oh heck, it wont take that long. I dont know if I hit this one or not in the past.

So, I dump everything, start up the trib that is about 1 1/2 foot wide and I get this banging signal under some roots of a mesquite tree. Hmmmm.....big ol something for sure. Its a normal signal also, not inverted. I get down about 8 inches and im chipping bedrock. Its a black/green iron looking stuff and im starting to think its really hot bedrock. There is a lot of it in this area along with the iron dikes that will have you digging a foot or two to find it.

Well, im chipping away and the detector is blanking on this signal. All of a sudden it pops out and lays there staring at me! I cant belive it! Its YELLOW! Holy smokes and its BIG! :wee:

I pick it up and wait for dad to show up....hes awstruck too :)
Nice big fat solid piece. .656 of a oz.

SWEEET!

Hit the rest of the wash and no more.
Great day out and the good Lord really blessed us with some fantastic gold :)
Enjoy.
Tom H.

post-25308-0-41765300-1397433132_thumb.j

post-25308-0-54377500-1397433138_thumb.j

post-25308-0-52969600-1397433145_thumb.j

post-25308-0-40127300-1397433154_thumb.j

Edited by TomH
  • Like 1

Tom im going to have to stop showing you all my good areas, you're killing it twice in a row. Great job bro must be that full moon.

If I remember.................you said.....the door was there... I just opened it...ore<---gold type.. somepen like that. :)

I owe it all to you bud.

Tom H.

Dang Tom, that's a frickin beauty!! :head: I don't even want to post a trip report after that monster nug :thumbsupanim

Tks Adam....it is a nice one indeed. And to think....if I would have decided one way or the other do I hit this little trib or not....it would still be laying out there.

Heck...the next skunk is just laying over the next wash or two :)

Post your trip report!! Lets see!!!

Ill go months inbetween.......and you will pass me with the GB2 stuff.

Any gold is good gold :)

Tom

Edited by TomH
  • Like 1

All about the nose, Tom ... You smell the skunk long enough it sensitizes you to the sweet smell of GOLD! WTG ...You Toms am hot!!! Cheers, Unc

:4chsmu1: now THAT'S a righteous monster for sure!! Kudos for not giving up, tenacity(nice word for stubborn) paid off in the end and no skunks to take home rocks- :D John

prolly erased 20-30 skunks for sure...yeppers!

Edited by Rimshot

That's awesome tom way to go I guess I need to fallow you around for a bit to have some luck rubbing off