Nugget Shooter Forums

What ever happened to MAX{aka gilaro}

Max has not posted since Nov of last year, I know he and his wife were having medical problem, Anyone know whats up? Grubstake

I know he had surgery, and I think he said his wife was pretty sick too. I thought he said something about moving back down to Mexico. Not sure. Grubstake

I spoke with Max about three months ago on the phone and Polly was very sick. That blew the wind out of his sails with concern. His last talk was to move to sun city to be closer to the doctors for her. He never once complained about his health.

Well lets hope and pray all is ok with them, Sure had a bunch of my friends pass this last year. Max was a good guy. Grubstake

Max is a good honest miner whom I've had the pleasure of knowing for many MANY years. Their run a bad luck has been horrendous to see results. Truly hope he's just too busy -John

Max is going through some hard times, but have no updates. I saw Stan just a few days ago at the Post Office and he drives by my house daily so I'll see if I can find out.

I have been in and out of town some the last couple three weeks. I feel bad about it but have not talked to Max for a week or 10 days, I will go by and check on them tomorrow and let you guys know, They were doing as well as can be expected the last I talked to Max. Thanks for your caring and concern.

I just got off the phone with Max. Seems to be doing about the same. Lots of trips to the doctor and trying to find a new place to live. I am going by tomorrow to take care of some yard and house chores for him. I will get a better idea of the situation then and tell him you guys are asking and concerned about his well being.

Edited by SLNugget
  • Like 3

I hope Max is OK. I have been here since Bill started this forum. And even on the forum before this one. Hate to see any member have hard times as many have. Even harder to see members pass away, which I have seen many friends of mine do.

So this is hoping Max makes a complete recovery!!

I spent a couple of hours with Max and Polly this morning. They looked like they are feeling better. Max and I swapped some lies so he is better than the last time I saw him. Polly is still having some issues and they are dealing with them. Max is cussing the docs and hosp as usual. He is slowly divesting himself of all rock hounding and prospecting gear. I told him many folks here had asked about he and Polly and he said he appreciated it but was not up to getting on line at this point. So that's all the news I have that fit to print :-). Thanks for asking about them and I will try to stay in touch.