Nugget Shooter Forums

3/30/2014 Yellowstone Magma Chamber Animals Leaving Yellowstone?

And yet something else to ponder....

Geeezus Bill... don't you know that all that seismic activity is due to global warming and oil and gas fracing? Ask any enviro-weenie, they'll tell ya! :rolleyes:

And they suck sand out of sand boxes for sandblasting the crap off of their ships from meteorites splattered all over the place. They do replace the sand with gold coins though as they need to transfer weight. The sun is starting to shine in CA I may not go nuts after all ! It always rains for two weeks after I get here, I am getting so tired of delivering rain. Maybe I will stay in AZ when I get back :yesss:

I'm not concerned in the least. I have prepared for just such an event. I dug a hole in my sand box that just fits my head.

Good thinkin, 'cause when that sucker goes, it's going to be a major fracking event for the Green RIver Basin and Bakken Formation for a nice secondary blast :Diggin_a_hole:

Ring of fire is active. Chile got a good one yesterday.

Ya just never know. I figure Alaska is due for a big one.

Here we just get rain...and rain...and rain... And rain... Maybe a quake will mix it up a bit.

Ring of fire is active. Chile got a good one yesterday.

Ya just never know. I figure Alaska is due for a big one.

Here we just get rain...and rain...and rain... And rain... Maybe a quake will mix it up a bit.

I'm sick of that R word!!!!

Critters smarter than himans by far as yellowstone has the largest pool of magma under it than any spot on the planet. Nothing to worry about though as if it goes off the world will be in winter for the next 100 years. A MUCH smaller event wiped out the dinosaurs and maybe we're next .Only thang different is the dinosaurs didn't pollute and tear the place up and contaminate the LL outta it-.We are a much more deserving species for annialation. John :brows:

Here is a diagram of how it looks. Cascadia fault line.

http://www.nps.gov/klse/naturescience/seismic-activity.htm

"Subduction Zone Earthquakes occur along the interface between tectonic plates. Compelling evidence for great-magnitude earthquakes along the Cascadia subduction zone has recently been discovered. These earthquakes were evidently enormous (M8–9+) and recurred on average every 550 years. The recurrence interval, has apparently been irregular, as short as about 100 years and as long as about 1,100 years. The last of these great earthquakes struck Washington about 300 years ago."

Edited by Red_desert

There is a fault that lays under la. I can't remember the name but they said if a major earthquake happened along it up to 18,000 would be killed. To put things in perspective only 1800 lost their lives at northridge. Sure has been active lately.

Did you mean the fault under LA?.

Yellowstone park might have a small amount of activity right now.

uu,60004100,2,"Thursday, April  3, 2014 09:49:12 UTC",44.7610,-110.7720,1.5,9.20, 7,"Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming"uu,60063177,4,"Thursday, April  3, 2014 09:49:06 UTC",44.7578,-110.7755,1.4,9.60,10,"Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming"
Edited by Red_desert