Nugget Shooter Forums

HUGE 8.8 earthquake hits off the coast of Chile

5.0 magnitude after shocks!

It's rockin and rollin down there.

The Earth is cooling like they said back in 1913. Were all going to Die. Bend over and kiss it good buy. Oh Wait. Global Warming is on the way and all will be fine until we find another Thing to Tax you on.

Edited by homefire

The ring of fire is on the move again. AzNuggetBob

There were tsunami warnings all up and down the west coast of So, America. The big push that caused the quake, peaked at 5 PM pacific time, will drop some, and is going to peak again at 3 AM pacific time. It aint quite over yet. If you know anyone that lives on the west coast from Alaska to the tip of Argentina, they need to be aware of possible seismic trouble.

Ben,

An old friend of mine grew up in Chile. He experienced the 1960 9.4 world recor earthquake. He was in a place where he could see for mikes and actually saw the ground moving in 2' waves toward him......Chile sure gets some big ones

The ring of fire is on the move again. AzNuggetBob

Yep, if that puppy Poops we will feel the ash here in NM. We are on the edge of Disaster.

Just talked to a ol'mining bud and our associate-Chile Joe-is on his way back home after 20+ years to assist relatives. He's stated the government is hiding the true extent of damages to protect tourism and eco $$$$--too rockn' and a rolln' for me. Been through all the west coast biggies and single story structures are the only place I'd live,sleep anymore as too many multistory runs for your life scenarios-John

Ya Ive been thru a few of those So cal quakes. I grew up there, Ventura co. If your outside when one hits there's a weird silence. all the birds get quiet and then just about the time you figure out whats going on it hits, whoom. steet lights swayin swimming pools sloshing back and forth. yep that's California rockin and rollin. AzNuggetBob