Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Bug II Upgrade..Amazing !!

adam

So,, I had been catching a little hear say about the possibility of Fisher Gold Bug II upgrades being done. The problem was that no one was giving specifics, like what upgrades, how much, and by whom....I chalked it up as just BS anyway , as how is it possible to upgrade a Gold Bug II? I mean really !!

One day 3 weeks ago I decided to take the Gold Bug II to the R&D section of the Intel plant just miles from me in Chandler. I showed them my metal detector and explain the principals of what t does and what i use it to find, i.e. (gold) . These Tech savvy guys already know the components, and why they work the way they do...Danny says "leave it with us for a few days and we will see what we can do to make it detect deeper smaller gold"....I agree happily yet with a bit of hesitance.

I get a call 4 days later by Danny saying I should come pick up the detector straight away. He said that he and his coworkers were able to re design some basic circuitry and one chip board completely. He said the chip board made the most notable difference. They made it a 92 /108 Hz machine with a pulse rate of 68/83. Yes I said pulse, as in pulse ductive. The chipset they chose to modify was a tried and proven Intel Atom. They said it worked very well for the application.. Since I have had this detector back ( over 3 weeks now) I have been finding the smallest gold at the deepest ranges due to what the guys at Intel call timed sequential period sensing. It is truly amazing and the difference between the two machines is like night and day..No exaggerating ...

I went by to talk to Danny again, and asked if they were willing to work on some more machines as I figured people would be interested in this of course. Danny said sure , but it may take up to 7 days to complete the work per unit....I highly encourage the Gold Bug II users to perform this modification. Just give Danny a call...

011_zps99da5c1a.jpg

Edited by adam

This is an intriguing development ... Tell us more , please ...(By the way, Adam, we're having a new Park Smarts for Kids print run next week and will get your's shipped when done ... Cheers, Unc

Geez man I already pick up fly poop size and smaller with my smallest coil??? What size are you using on your WELL used unit(like them dirty pics as a USED unit rocks) thanx for the info much-John

Adam seen as how Gold Bugs and GB-2 are controlled by VCO's and not by a

Intel Atom Dual-Core possessor why do I get the feeling your yanking our chain. :4chsmu1: AzNuggetBob

And it's the first of April! LOL!

at around 100 hz, that puppy will detect 100 feet down, just like the GPR.... COOL !!!!

Edited by DolanDave

Guys it works!!! Adam and I detected the same wash for 1 full day. I was using a standard gb2 with fresh batteries Adam had just got his upgrade. I had a very successful day with 22 nuggets detected. Adam with his upgrades in the same wash was able to detect an amazing 34 nuggets in one day. Can't argue with those numbers.

Ok guys, ok :D ....Boulderdash speaks the truth about a day recently, but it wasn't because of the Intel Atom chipset :idunno:

Thought I`d have a little fun for April Fools...Somebody had to do it :thumbsupanim I did buy that sticker and it is on my GB II though :head:

YOUZ A BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD BOY gettn' folks hopes and a wishes all up,but still great to see a well used unit and NOT shiny dusty closet queens-great unit even unatomic-There is a guy advertising in the Big Nickel and a couple a times on craigslist who says he can upgrade so I thought this was it but..........John :old:

Edited by Hoser John

• 2 months later...

All joke aside about this amazing upgrade though... I mean about it being April fools day...

No really, how much is this upgrade and what is Danny's phone number so that I can schedual an appointment for my GBll? I could save literally thousands by not having to buy a Minelab 5000. Thought I was serious huh?