Nugget Shooter Forums

How low will the gold price go?

Jim your usually right about that but lately while gold is on the decline so is the dollar.

In just two weeks the dollar went from 2.35 down to 2.27 today.

Just got back from my bank an hour ago and I got my deposit today where they only paid me 2.21.

The US is so badly in debt that the will be printing more money and that has other countries going to other currency which is going to make the US dollar worthless

I think what goes up can come down. Gold could see $400 an ounce again. And if the dollar falls sharply we might see one more surge in gold, but it won't last long. Gold is still a good thing to own and hold but we have been fed a bunch a bull from speculators in the past.

Price of gold is not the value of gold.

I see it going lower. I figure about 950 would not surprise me.

Currency markets are more manipulated than anything I can think of. The BRIC countries are running full steam ahead on BS. Their books are worse and more cooked than the US.

When the levee breaks it is goin to be ugly. Gold-- especially found gold will be important . Of course a good cache of heirloom seeds will be really valuable.

My two -- now worth a lot less--- cents.

The cost of producing gold is not getting cheaper. Thus, the quantifiable supply side of the equation suggests that gold can not be produced for much less than it already costs. It's that other component of the marketplace -- demand -- that is largely slacking off. It seems at the moment holders of wealth are shifting their investment preferences, speculating more and more in real estate and stocks and letting go of their gold holdings. As long as the world economies continue to pick up, I see gold and silver mired in a slow downward spiral for the near future. In the absence of a major conflict, we should see $900 to $1000 per Troy Ounce within a year or two I'd say, followed by a gradual rise. Let's revisit this on April Fools Day 2015 and compare predictions.

I'm thinking more like 2020...be nice to think it can't go below $900 Martin.

Nuttn' gonna stop me ever as mined for $75 to $1800+ and when mined my way don't cost squat as I'd be out camping anyhow so it keeps me outta trouble. Gold/silver/gems/jewelry/antiques/land/casha stash gives me a pretty broad base and a living trust protects it all. Must admit I like it higher but people in LL(USA) want icewater also. So I'll just keep on a doing what I've always done-mine till I drop, :th: which happens much sooner nowadays :old: John

Another thing that will boost the price of gold will occur on July 1st, when FACTA goes into law. FACTA forces all worldwide banks to comply with the IRS. If they have ANY transactions in dollars, those banks must either tax those transactions by as much as 30%, or get rid of their U.S. customers, thus creating even more flight away from U.S. dollars around the world. JPMorgan Chase and HSBC have already eliminated foreign wire transfers of dollars. The other banks will have to do the same by July 1st. Dollars will be about as popular as leprosy. Their value will drop worldwide. A lot of the bigger fish will dump their (now taxable overseas) dollars for gold. Demand will boost the price. Fact.

Ben