Nugget Shooter Forums

Huge Aussie Nugget Found......

Uncle Ron

I agree BD. I can see what appears to be casting shrinkage and dimpling. common with dirty pours. AzNuggetBob

Much too suspect for my likes. That right elbow doesn't match the rest of the body if it was tumbled a way or two. Looks like a poor, pour.

Old Tom

The more I look at it the more it looks like a statue of a woman from the back side ... Also, it doesn't seem to be putting the pressure of "weight" on the holder's hands.... Cheers, Unc

Playdough sculpted and painted, that would be gold nugget art..... then it might have been intentionally made to look like a statue also, a sculpture.

Edited by Red_desert

Well, I sure got snookered ... Shoulda guessed it! ... Oh well, it was fun for a couple days! ... Cheers, and ...April Fool, early ... Unc

• Like 1

For the record ... if you went to Tucson this year there was an Aussie gold company there displaying some great gold but they also had THE Melbourne nugget found a couple of years ago.

I thought 'wow' what a find and they brought it all the way to Tucson. Then I looked in another cabinet and they had another one and then another casting. None were real so someone is 'good' at making replicas for display.

Mitchel

Sure fooled me too. Have seen nuggets in just about every conceivable shape, even some "half" nuggets. ie... Some had a crystalline shape while the other sides were flat and looked as though it had been cast in a tufa mold... But they were real as I found a few like that as did others by the Eugene Mtns.

Sorry guys from all of us Aussie prospectors. This newspaper article had us all going too for a while until somebody actually read the report right to the end! We have the article on our website so you can read the full details....www.goldandrelics.com.au/in-the-media. The particular newspaper that ran this article is only printed once per week therefore the early April Fools joke. Feel free to check it out.