Nugget Shooter Forums

nuggets and headphone problems

Got out last week for 3.5 days to detect. First day in I thought the gold bug 2 was breaking down. The detector was loosing signal and getting very quiet in the earphones. I tried this, switched that, new batteries trying to figure it out. Guess I should check my headphones yuuup in the headphones. I was able to wiggle the headphone wires until I found the problem area. Im a big big fan of shoe goo so I tied the wire in a angle to make it work and added much shoe goo. That next day I had zero problems. Found one silver nugget among the gold. Largest gold was 3 grams. Had a very above average trip with 18.3 grams found in 3 1/2 days.

post-1498-0-00197100-1394989840_thumb.jp

post-1498-0-03892800-1394989860_thumb.jp

post-1498-0-53674000-1394989896_thumb.jp

ShoeGoo is good for a lot of things. Add a roll of duct tape and a Swiss army knife and you can fix about anything in the field. I have all 3 in my truck at all times. Nice recovery and a great poke for a few days work! ... Or was it just a fun and pleasurable outing! :brows: Doesn't sound like work to me! :old:

Mike F

Man thats a pile of gold! :)
WTG bud.

Cya at the outing :))))
Tom H.

When a man is keeping statistics and knows he is doing above average then he is on top of his work time. Do you have it down to an hourly rate? :)

Mitchel

When a man is keeping statistics and knows he is doing above average then he is on top of his work time. Do you have it down to an hourly rate? :)

Mitchel

Im guessing at least a nickel a hour :)

Tom

Nickle an hour detecting beats 20 an hr on a assembly line doing mindless work anyday!
Tom

• Like 2

If there's any deeper ground there, that might be an excellent spot to bring in a Minelab PI an follow up with a drywasher! ... WTG! Beautiful gold! ... Cheers, Unc

I agree Ron just need a pi. I also plan to drywash in the area in the very near future.

I know where you can borrow one for a while. :-)

Old Tom