Nugget Shooter Forums

Thin Section Heading for World Class Museum

Hi all!

As many of you know, following me on FaceBook, I post a lot about the fun I am having making Thin Sections. Probably drive people nuts.

I learned the other day that one of my clients is donating one of my Jiblet Winselwan thin sections to a world class museum!

I gotta tell you that it sure is nice receiving messages like that! Sure made my day. The Science is my primary interest in meteorites equal to the thrill of hunting them....something I have not done for a while.

I am glad I got into making thin sections....it's a lot of work and a great investment in that green stuff but it is so awesome to be the very first person to see the real nature of a new meteorite and share that with the client as part of the classification process I provide.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa325/desertsunburn/jwIMG_0204_zps8974420b.jpg

Jim

Jim,

Congratulations and good work. You are having quite a start to 2014 after Tucson and everything.

I'm not much of a Facebook fan so you'll have to check in here once in a while.

Mitchel

From first hand experience, Jim does some excellent work. I have some of his efforts in my hot little hands and believe me they are top of the line

Congratulations Jim, you deserve it. Your dedication is impeccable and I also look forward to more advice and hints from you