Nugget Shooter Forums

No hunt sunday...

TomH

Hey all.

welp, had grand and glorious plans to go back to a wash with dad that ive not hit for a year or so and dig it out with the d11 on sunday...but, had a minor set back at work last night!

had a afterburner break loose from its cradle and got my hand...could have been a lot worse.

Just trying to figure out if I can still swing and dig with one arm :)

Pretty cool to look in your hand and can see how your tendons work when you move your fingers!

It should be healed up for the outing :) Feels exquisit!
WARNING>>>>GRAPHIC...

Tom H.

post-25308-0-83042900-1394840801_thumb.j

Tom,

The wash will still be there. Next time don't try to get out of work so fast thinking about all that gold!

Whomever used that fishing line on you tied some pretty good knots! I'm sure you saw more than we can see now.

Heal fast, your dad needs you for his hunting fix.

Mitchel

Handicapped huh?, probably can't open those pistasio shells either? Get pop to dig and I'll pluck your shells.

Yeah right! See you all soon! ;-)

Shep

Handicapped huh?, probably can't open those pistasio shells either? Get pop to dig and I'll pluck your shells.

Yeah right! See you all soon! ;-)

Shep

Ur gonna open em for me and im gonna eat em! :P

Brining a bag up so be ready

Tom H.

Gosh Tom , bet you did that nice suture job too ! Guess we need to have another safety meeting :nono: Get better soon man, pretty sure there is an outing coming up.... :head:

I dont want to even think about what new proceedures were going to have after this!!

Tom H.

Yeah, we'll be there for the outing to be sure. I do think that I will have to do the digging but what's new. As long as he can swing that 5000 he'll earn his keep. We sure do enjoy the outings and this one is for rememberence of Barbara.

Old Tom

Wow Tom

That is a nasty cut. hard to heal location too. you could always use this time to do some research. Take care Bob

Hey Tom,

Looks like they stitched you up with some 4-0 Prolene. Was it an E.R. physician, or a hand surgeon

like Dr. Champagne, or Dr. Zoldos? Did the wound extend into the tendon sheath? Don't stress those stitches,

man, let it heal right. Keep the dressings clean and changed, cause these days you can pick up MRSA or a nasty

staph infection almost anywhere.

Keep it safe, Ben

Hey Tom,

Looks like they stitched you up with some 4-0 Prolene. Was it an E.R. physician, or a hand surgeon

like Dr. Champagne, or Dr. Zoldos? Did the wound extend into the tendon sheath? Don't stress those stitches,

man, let it heal right. Keep the dressings clean and changed, cause these days you can pick up MRSA or a nasty

staph infection almost anywhere.

Keep it safe, Ben

Ben, it was a ER PA that did the cleaning and stitching.

THey took x rays of it and I didnt have any metal in it...but I do have metal in other places in my hand...go figure.

Seems to do better now without the goo and dressings. Im just letting it air dry now.

Feels pretty good, not much pain.

It took off the skin and subteranious fat. It didnt hurt the connective tissue or tendons. Im very fortunate thats all that happened.

Pretty wild looking inside your hand and making the tendons move :)

Tom H.