Nugget Shooter Forums

Got me a bike...

Rimshot

or toy..haha! 2011 honda crf 70 r. It's runs great but a little cramp. I've already (almost) run it into the brush twice...lol...can't remember i got brakes. Just wanted something to putt around on the property. Got tired of walking up and down hill. It's tuff getting old...lordy, lordy..i know i'm to old for this..hehe!!

post-26159-0-15211500-1394505214_thumb.j

post-26159-0-35057300-1394505217_thumb.j

As a Kid, The 70 , 90 was a hell of a machine. A chines guy my neighbor sold me a Honda 90 step through girl looking bike for $50.00. I had piles of fun on the thing. It had four up an four down gears. In the low range The thing would walk up a rock if you had the legs to keep it standing. Wore the Tires off of it twice and sold it for the same price I paid two years later. Auto Clutch. If you revived it up and Smacked it in gear it would take off like a Rocket wheelie and all. That thing would make it to places a Suzuki 90 had problems with And I had one of those too. The Girly Step through Frame had advantages.

Edited by homefire

amen to the girly thru frame..i forgot how to hike my leg...lol

I said r and it should have been f in the model number.

Edited by Rimshot

Crawling up and around rocks, if the front or back tire got cought beween rocks you could twist ,, turn and Grab it by the front of the seat to move it around. Worked for me. WIth a Back Pack and 30lbs of goodies I could get around most well. Spend the Night and had a blast.

Good ideal Weaver. I wonder if anyone makes gold nugget stickers...hmmm

Bucky if you noticed I could use 2 more Bucket & Boomer stickers...ha!

Got everything adjusted today to my liking...just wish the seat was 4" higher but oh well, poor peeps can't have everything I guess..

Edited by Rimshot

• 4 months later...

This CT90 and CT110 were so popular with hunters and fisherman back in the day I am surprised the chinese have not done a knockoff of this model. I think I am going to buy a clean ct90 or ct110 in a month or so for use in outback of Nevada nugget hunting, hate scratching up the clearcoat with the sage brush on the truck on those narrow roads. Once camped I would rather leave the truck anyway. the Honda can get you into some less detected areas fast using the rabbit trails, most dirt roads lead to spots that have been hit heavy anyway.

I'd like to find a CRF90. I think it would be just the right height for me. But this 70 runs like a bat outa ell...well for a 70 it does. You know what? It took me 3 months to notice I don't know what kind of motor I got. It says Piranha on the cover, but everything looks Honda to me. I wonder if Honda did a few with Piranha motors...hmmm...very confusing..I believe it runs close to 50 mph.

Edited by Rimshot

Won't let me edit for some reason but I meant i'd like to have a CRF100.