Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

garimpo

Big boy moving.....

Maybe it will end up being a Fazenda and a truck.... Best of luck bud

El D I can't abandon the old girl Toyota and I hate farm life.....except when it has gold on it!!!!

Arrived at Delivery Facility in OKLAHOMA CITY - USA OKLAHOMA CITY, OK - USA 14:08 :yesss:

Well I was thinking instead of farming you could have a retirement home for the working ladies, maybe a few rubber trees.........plus gold in the ground.... A little 1000 acre place!

Steve's got a good idea, Don, I was thinking along the same lines, just a little differently. I don't know the situation there where you are at as far as land ownership goes, but if you can't own as a "foreigner", your wife can, right?

So o o... if you make enough to buy some land, buy some in the area (geological belt) of that emerald mine and have some fun!!

:thumbsupanim:ROFL:

Greg

Greg and Steve the two of you could get me into a lot of trouble.....yea sure my wife buy land for retired working ladies!!! :th:

Any land that has Emeralds is bought up and has working mines......

Maybe Steve meant to say put a few "heifers" on the fazenda.

You could hire me on as a foremen--- I'll keep the scally-wags out for ya. All but one that is :)

Sorry Mac, that job is mine.........

Here's the latest.....after a year of trying:

Hey Don its in the back of my truck it looks almost like it did when we packaged it.... :yesss:

3-13-14 1148 AM

Here's the latest.....after a year of trying:

Hey Don its in the back of my truck it looks almost like it did when we packaged it.... :yesss:

3-13-14 1148 AM

That's great Don, what's the plan now that you got it into the USA?

Skip I've never done a meteorite this size before so I guess the first thing is to identify it. Garry called the Geo. dept at OU and their on spring break until April 2, then they'll run the test on it.

That's the same place I had some small ones years ago after digging part of the Uruacu up. Had it tested at OU and the guy there said in his twenty years there testing rocks mine was the first one that was a meteorite. A couple of years later I heard that someone had named the main mass, the Uruacu.

If anyone is seriously interested give me a price you would be interested in paying.

It survived two weeks in the ice chest pretty well.....

Met5.jpg

Met4.jpg

Met3.jpg

Hi Garimpo.

Great pix. This is an amazing stone Don, but I'm not clear on why you shipped the whole thing to get tested. I always thought you cut a portion and had that tested. Do you not want to cut it? Is this typical (shipping the entire specimen) or is this treatment just for this particular stone? Just curious.

Saginaw

Sag last year I did cut off two small pieces and shipped them to the USA for testing but never received any results back.

I had to get the stone out of here for many reasons.....one but not the least is when it's cut and I start selling pieces, from here is a real challenge. Stones that weigh only a few grams would be much easier if you didn't have a truck load to ship a piece at a time.

So my bud Garry, another retired OCFD wanted to help. Man what a relief that was. Now he's the caretaker.

Not to mention as soon as locals realized he had something of great value, his house would get to be a bigger target than it already is. The main mass of the Uruacu fall that Don was involved with, just vanished........it's much safer here in the US

Good luck on the classification, I hope it's a brand new and unique find. Maybe a Mars or moon rock!

I understand now. It all makes perfect sense. El D's post also added to my understanding.

Well when you start selling pieces keep me in mind!

Saginaw

Will do Sag, wish I had a time frame but I don't.

No hurry Don. Thanks.

Saginaw

At last the OU Geo. Dept. analysis is in......problem is it's a DOTX document and I saved it in a Word document and it won't upload in Photo Bucket or here.

Any suggestions?

Send it to me Don, and I can convert it to a PDF or other format for you.

You may be able to do it yourself if you have Word. Open the doc and print it to the Adobe PDF 'printer' in your available printers. This option may be available to you if it was selected when Word was installed.

Saginaw

Let me see if this works:

MeteorCompositon.jpg

Don't know what I did Sag but the above is supposed to be JPG....

Looks good to me Don, but when I click on it, it takes me to photobucket, but it stays the same size or smaller. Maybe it's my phone, but thats whats happening.

It says

F .19%

Fe. 94.45%

Ni. 5.36%

I am assuming the F is for F Block on the periodic chart

post-1252-0-65233800-1396446552_thumb.jp

I am assuming the F is for F Block on the periodic chart

The "F Block"? lol, they call that Fluorine. And the report says 'P' (phosphorus), not 'F'.

Nice nickel %, looks like it's a meteorite! Are you going to have it classified?

Looks good to me Don, but when I click on it, it takes me to photobucket, but it stays the same size or smaller. Maybe it's my phone, but thats whats happening.

Keep clicking the + magnifier at the bottom, eventually a full-size pict pops up.