Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

garimpo

Big boy moving.....

Finally after months of trying to find the answers on how to get a meteorite this size out of Brazil I found out from the freight company how to do it. So last Friday (two days ago) it was shipped out for Okla.

009-1.jpg

All 62 kilos (136.7 lb) should be in Okla. on Tues. if customs don't have a hissy fit.

009-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

Good deal. Sure beats sitting in a rice bath...

Next get together you'll have to share your secret for shipping. Need to send some "socks" home.

Nice!

Hey Garimpo,

We look forward to seeing more photos of it.

Thanks, Ben

Dang, won't be home to sign for it...... Hope they don't send it back

Good luck!

Do you have any idea what kind of meteorite it is ??? That is awesome ... Can anyone venture a guess ? ... An amazing chunk of space rock,... Congratulations Don ... fingers crossed for you too! ... Cheers, Unc

Good vibes for the safe trip.......

What is your plan for it when it is in OK City?

Don, is that an iron, stone or ???? Cheers, Ron

Don't know for sure what it is but it's very dense with a lot of Nickle.....

Took half an hour to cut two little pieces off the bottom.....it kept loading up the diamond saw blade....

My pal Garry is going to take a small sample to OU at Norman since he lives about 20 minutes from there.....

Everybody keep your fingers crossed that it makes it through US customs......

This AM it was in Miami, Fl customs....

Just got this three minutes ago:

Just spoke with a rep to see if they could tell me when it would leave Miami. Scheduled for delivery here on Friday....oh well huh?

Told me to keep an eye on site just in case a hold is placed on it. Doubtful but intend to check regularly to avoid any delays.

Looks like an iron meteorite to me.

It looks like it could be a pallasite, or a mesosiderite. I'd love to see a slice

from the interior.

Ben

Don. Do get this apprehensive when awaiting a new shipment of pink thongs to clear customs??

Patrick

The latest:

Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA

Looks like it might make it since it's not Pink!!!!

New truck time!

Could that be a Uruacu Meteorite?

That's great that it made into the USA, be sure to keep us updated on everything that you find out!!

Unc I don't know if that's possible or not......The Uruacu meteorite impact is 17.86 miles from where I found this one......and since I live in Uruacu the impact area for it is 7.89 miles from my house.

Just checked the tracking # and they show it as still in Ohio....

Don, I sure hope it is a new find! ... That's a real beauty ... Exchanged emails with Ruben about it and he thought it might be, but no one knows til it gets tested!!! ... Whichever way it turns out, you've at least got a nice new truck there! ... Congratulations .... Unc

Thanks Unc....I was one of the first to discover the Uruacu stone and it was one big mamma.....I guess over two tons with a lot of little pieces scatter in about a two hundred yard area.....

So far this one seems to be the only one but with the limited area to search because of the lake there could be more pieces. I know of at least four big PI detectors that have searched the available land that was under water two years ago. Also a lot of small 6' trees that are almost impossible to beep.

Went to that area this AM to try out my new Coiltek Platypus mono on my patch (same as the meteorite patch) but didn't even get started before the rain started.

Latest on "big":

Transferred through DFW AIRPORT - USA DFW AIRPORT, TX - USA 08:03

Cool beans! Wonder why ohio then texas. Then i wonder why not just OK. Don't they know gas cost $$$$$$$. How silly...