Nugget Shooter Forums

New Research Source - Newspapers!

mn90403

Take a look at this article and then take a look at the source. It came from Google News!

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1338&dat=18991110&id=urVXAAAAIBAJ&sjid=3PMDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6705,1736462

Notice the price vs the size. Gold really was cheap! Get out your calculator. I wonder if that nugget is still around ... not likely.

Maybe you can search your local newspapers for more.

Mitchel

Mitchel the great thing about newspapers is they don't have to be saved in favorites or any other program.....their a great way to research when the weather is to bad to actually do a physical search.

In 1966 I was 24 years old and started coin hunting in my home state of Okla. All of the surrounding states, Ark. Kan. Tex are full of historical data that is priceless to a coin/treasure hunter.

For many years I spent days at the local library going through copies of old newspapers for leads to sites that would produce good coin beeping. A great way to prepare for the warm weather when your snowed in.

My first computer was my birthday present to myself when I turned 60 in 2002 and I must admit it's a lot easier than driving miles to the library or historical center but in my opinion it can't replace the information in saved archives such as the ones in a states historical society.

Take a look at this article and then take a look at the source. It came from Google News!

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1338&dat=18991110&id=urVXAAAAIBAJ&sjid=3PMDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6705,1736462

Notice the price vs the size. Gold really was cheap! Get out your calculator. I wonder if that nugget is still around ... not likely.

Maybe you can search your local newspapers for more.

Mitchel

Gold wasn't cheap, the Dollar was Money back then. You could buy a pair of jeans for a Dollar. Beer was 5 cents, Loaf of bread 3. If you paid $35.00 for a horse you got robbed.

Gold wasn't cheap, the Dollar was Money back then. You could buy a pair of jeans for a Dollar. Beer was 5 cents, Loaf of bread 3. If you paid $35.00 for a horse you got robbed.

I agree with Homie, look at the real estate ads, 140 acres with a house, barns,cultivated fields, fences, etc. for $1700!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-that explains them flaming pink flip flops Garimpo is a OKIE and ya'all know it's all OK in OK :thumbsupanim John