Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Relichunter2

Tesoro Lobo with a 12x10 SEF DD Coil

Just wondering if anyone has used a 10x12 sef dd butterfly coil on a lobo? This is my back up detector prior to the M/L 4500 I have that I use primarily. The Lobo comes standard with a elliptical 10 inch dd. Works very well and I have found gold with it. But they claim that the 10x12 sef gets extra few inches and of course covers more ground. Any opinion is welcome....

GREAT coil but hip/chest mount the box when using it and you'll be much happier the next day and last much longer. Took a bud along with my TLST and GB2 to a unfinished honey hole that was outta the water due to extreme drought. We hit it hard for 2 days detecting,sluicing and crevice busting like madmen as huge storm was coming and did not know when I'd ever see the bottom there again. 32.211 grams after a good ultrasound cleaning was my half. tons a au 2 u 2-John

post-23710-0-77206800-1393774251_thumb.j

Nice scale John, and the gold looks real nice in there....Yeah..think I am gona give it a try, everything I have read from the U.S. and Europe from those who have used the vlf Detech SEF coils say they are getting extra two inches on some targets, plus with the sef butterfly configuration say the ground balancing is good too for the vlf machines.

Looking forward to your opinion as sooooo many new coils and detectors out now to try. John :D

My Detech 12x10 sef butterfly configuration coil came in the other day. I was anxiously awaiting the delivery as I wanted to check out the performance on this baby on my Tesoro Lobo. I know air test were pointless, BUT..... I wanted to compare a few nuggets I had with the elliptical stock coil. Do to the coil being a bit larger,on the larger nugget the Detech coil won by 4 inches,air test only. On the smaller sub gram size nuggets Detech went another 1" to 11/2" from the stock coil.. Today I took it to a site I hunt on occasion, last four trips to this spot produced NADA !! The Detech 12x10 SEF butterfly coil grounded out to a SMOOTH...threshold..one thing I did notice was when I bumped it, the coil would sound off..like many other coils so this was no biggie. Two hours gone by...when I finally got a good solid signal..dug down to about 4-5 inches and produced a 1.2 gram nugget. This coil works very well , but it is a bit heavier than the stock. I also can cover more ground with it do to it's size so far my opinion only...this coil is a keeper.

Thanx much for the info as always looking for new great wonderful coil/unit/accessory to try. John :head:

Great report :D