Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adam

My new peace maker

Ain`t she Pretty ..... :brows:

BCM RECCE 14

Aimpoint PRO Optic

Cant afford Iron Sights yet..

DSC07007_zps28820110.jpg

DSC07006_zps1becfda9.jpg

That's pretty sporty Adam. I like the foregrip. Added colors sured make it look different. Not so boring looking. Is it a 5.56 or 308? Does your Aimpoint kinda look like this?

post-26159-0-73761700-1393561987_thumb.j

Thanks Rim, Its a 5.56

This optic is a single red dot, no magnification. Actual photo below

DSC07009_zps4adbfe2d.jpg

Adam ... Nice piece! Is that a 14" barrel and what twist. I have a Hogan AR15 with 14" barrel and 8 twist. Light loads over spin at distance and therefore tumble ... so far I find the best round is actually mil spec 5.56 green tips ... those are 62gr fmj rounds ... NOT the penetrators with the steel in them. I was going to spring for the Aimpoint as I have one on my deer rifle but opted for the Vortex Strike Fire red dot. The optics are as good as the Aimpoint ... both are non parallax meaning if you can see the dot you will hit the target even if the dot appears on the edge of the scope. Can't say that for the cheaper $100 or less red dots ... those are junk as far as I have experienced.

Mike F

Adam,

Sweet gun....love the colors.

Dave.

Thanks Dave....

Mike, its a 7 twist 14 " inch barrel, thanks for the tips on ammo....I have a friend that is an gunsmith, he said to use good ammo mill spec 55 grain or more...

Cool thing is , that I can leave the lens covers on and with both eyes open, can still see the red dot right where it should be....

Nice.......since this is AZ, is it select fire?

Steve ... We can't have select fire without a special auto weapons permit ... single fire per trigger press is all that is allowed. But hey with a 30 round mag you can shower the lead pretty quickly on press at a time.

Adam ... 7 twist is what the military AR-16 are using. Definitely will do better with the heavier ammo ... the 55's will start to over spin and tumble between 75-100 yards. I look for 62's and 65's for distance. If you just want to run some rounds down the barrel the 55's are OK in either 5.56 or .223 Rem. ... and those 55's are a lot easier to come by than the 62's and 65's. Try to use the best ammo you can find with that 7 twist ... some of the Russian and Wolf ammo ammo use an inferior bullet .. Barnes and Nosler are the best if you do reloads of the 5.56. JMHO of course.

Mike F