Nugget Shooter Forums

Wow! 10 Million In Gold Coins Found in CA

LOL! And the folks that found it probably have a Pile of money. How come a Bum like me never finds stuff like that?

Big mistake going public!!!

Yup, Big Brother will do everything he can to get his hands on as much as posible,

and then, send along a bill from the IRS. :brows:

Aloha guys,

When I read this I automatically thought of the convent my sister is at in Encino,Ca. This property once belonged to a silent movie producer that also hated banks. The convent is made up of about 14 acres and it also has an artesian well that feeds a pond in one small section. The pond was cleaned out a couple of years ago by me and a close friend. We hauled up over $1000 in coins ranging from pennies to silver dollars and a whole bunch of silver crosses and pendants which we turned over to the church for disposal. We walked away with a good feeling and a nice chunk of change for our work BUT I never did metal detect the property section that they use for an orchard. Now I wonder what the heck could be buried up there. May have to sit down and have a heart to heart talk with my sister about checking out that area. Can only wish and hope for something like this find tho.

Aloha and stay safe out there,

Stan aka Kaimi

Just announced on the news that at least HALF will be taken as taxed to high heaven--SILENCE IS INDEED GOLDEN IN MANY INSTANCES...dirty rotten CENSORED tax summabs-John :2mo5pow:

Absolutely stunning-go to the bathroom first and then goodle the story as truly amazing finds-John

• 2 weeks later...

More good news...

Buried gold likely not from heist, says US Mint rep

Perhaps it was too intriguing to be true: A rep for the US Mint and an expert on the San Francisco Mint throw water on the latest theory surrounding the $10 million in gold coins uncovered in California—that they were the long-hidden spoils of a 1901 gold heist from the SF Mint.

"We do not have any information linking the Saddle Ridge Hoard coins to any thefts at any United States Mint facility," Mint rep Adam Stump tells CNN, and that determination follows a good deal of research, he adds to the San Francisco Chronicle...MORE

Saginaw

Tony is this the image you were trying to post?

BuriedgoldlikelynotfromheistsaysUSMintre

This image provided by the Saddle Ridge Hoard discoverers via Kagin's, Inc., shows one of the six decaying metal canisters filled with 1800s-era US gold coins unearthed in California. (AP PHOTO/SADDLE RIDGE HOARD DISCOVERERS VIA KAGIN'S, INC.)

Yep, that's it. I had cropped the left and right parts to make it smaller and just kept the middle image.

Wonder what's up with my ability to add images? I'm looking into it, but I know you would have a better idea than me.

Thanks for your time spent on this.

Tony

"We do not have any information linking the Saddle Ridge Hoard coins to any thefts at any United States Mint facility,
yeah but there will be some stealing now going on from the feds of the civilians

Archived