Nugget Shooter Forums

Missadventures of two Toms

TomH

Hey all:
Welp went out today with visions of pockets full of gold.

First spot we went to was finishing up a area that was between two areas weve found gold in. Found some nice lead, tacks and misc. junk. So, we decided to try another area that I know is just OOZING with gold.

To get into it there is a hill at about a 85 degree grade....we start up the road and were bouncing and spinning.....try again with a little speed....same results...just too loose and steep.

As im backing down I notice the steering feels funny...hmmmm....get to the bottom and take a look.

There's my idler arm hanging down looking like a broken leg. Snapped it right off. Oh boy this is going to be fun ride out!
We got back to the main road and I could keep it at 30 mph to get home. Just had to watch for bumps in the road as they would cause you to steer like a blimp in a windstorm!.

But, we limped it home. I had a extra idler arm here at the house and swapped it out.

All in all it was a good day, nice weather, cheap fix on the truck and we made it home :)
Found some neat tacks for my boot tack/nail collection too!
Tom H.

• Like 1

Would like to be a little mouse sometime in the back with you two! Bet it's a money maker on America's Funniest videos! Little lone all the gold you two pull out.

Okay all BS aside, I'd find your stash of Pistascio nuts.

My dad died in his early 50's, but know if he was still around, I could of gotten him interested in hunting for gold. Good, no Great on you two!

Guess I'm stuck with Patrick ;-)

Would like to be a little mouse sometime in the back with you two! Bet it's a money maker on America's Funniest videos! Little lone all the gold you two pull out.

Okay all BS aside, I'd find your stash of Pistascio nuts.

My dad died in his early 50's, but know if he was still around, I could of gotten him interested in hunting for gold. Good, no Great on you two!

Guess I'm stuck with Patrick ;-)

Well...........we do have some good times together.......in spite of break downs and such.

NOT MY NUTS!!!!!!........gonna have some at Bills next outing for ya :)

If you got Patrick, your good :) Great guy to hunt with and you can trust him...ENJOY!!

Tom H.

Who the heck has an extra Idler arm laying around !! :nutty: Well, at least you got out and enjoyed this amazing weather.. :head: The nugs will wait till next time.

You would be AMAZED at what is stored over here in THE KINGDOM OF TOM :)

OK....when I got the Yoto the idler was wore out.... replaced it and about 2000 miles later I relized the front end needed to be

rebuilt. Ordered up a kit and had a new Idler in it...so, extra parts! :)

Tom

Better be a lil more careful or you'll end up like Frank C. tryin to climb up those dam loose debris ridden hills !!! :grr01:

I hear that guy is awsome on a quad as long as he keeps the 4 rubber things on the dirt and isnt trying to be a poster child for

MONSTER energy videos :)

Hope your healing up ok.

Tom H.