Nugget Shooter Forums

Prospecting Clubs

Chris Coffee

Which clubs have the best claims in Western Az., Nv., and Ca.? Looking to spend a lot of time in the Basin and at Franconia this summer, but would also like to try the LSD Wash and other areas as well. We will be heading out that direction this weekend and are hoping to get hooked up with a club before (or during) the trip. Thanks in advance.

Chris

I like the GPAA claims. Its fairly inexpensive and they just opened up two more sets around the Wickenburg Area. Although I'm not a member of the roadrunner club, they have plenty of claims around here also. The roadrunner is hundreds of dollars per year, has access to AZ claims, whereas the GPAA has many claims west of the Mississippi, and costs less than $100.

Both clubs have a meeting in Phoenix every month.

Chris...thank you for the reply. I have looked into the roadrunner club, too, and I just can't see myself paying that kind of money to join a club. I hear they have some good claims though. How about the WSPA? Do they have claims in those areas?

Every one has a different opinion on this topic.

One person will say there is no gold there and a different person can find some in the same spot.

What makes the difference is the equipment used and the skill level of the operator on the equipment being used.

Chris ... In the LSD area Roadrunner(RRPC) and GPAA have the most claims in total. Just looking at the newest club claims map Uncle Ron printed for the last Nuggetshooter Outing I think there are over 30 claims between RRPC and GPAA, RRPC has a slight edge in total numbers but they look to be about equal in acreage and that is what really counts. JMHO of course ... Mike F

The various clubs are definitely the way to go for someone not familiar with certain areas ... I know from many years experience that you can spend enough gas money exploring potential areas to pay for memberships in every club in the region you are hunting and know you are in an area, most of the time, where your chance of finding gold is better than just wandering around /// Cheers, Unc

Chris,

Hit all of those areas now. You won't want to be doing it during most of the summer unless you learn to hunt at night but it will still be too hot to camp during the day.

If you want to go to Gold Basin then GPAA, GSSN and MPA are your clubs.

If you are going to go to the Q then quartzsitemetaldetectingclub.com and Nugget Wranglers. Look at those claims and then get a map and hunt the adjoining BLM lands that are unclaimed.

Mitchel

As I recommended before, the mountains east/southeast of Bakersfield.

bob

Bob,

I have been there a couple of times after your suggestion. No luck yet, but will keep going back. I am looking for the clubs so I have access to claims in all 3 states instead of just one locale.

Adam, thank you. I have already sent in payment to the GPAA and will look up GSSN contact info when I get back from Az. next week.

Happy hunting everyone!

Chris, there are two clubs here in SoCal that I know of, and both have good claims. There is the PCSC which stands for prospectors club of southern California, and the high desert gold diggers. Those two clubs have a deal where they have access to the others claims. I've been a member of PCSC a couple of times through the years. It's been a good experience, and they're great guys & gals.

Chris,

I spoke at the PCSC meeting last night. The claims are at The Dale and near Randsburg. They have a couple of claims there near Benson Canyon. There is a GPAA claim near and a Taft Claim. Benson Canyon has had some nice gold found with Gold Bugs and some big nuggets with PIs. The whole area has been going through a tear down because of dry washing.

Mitchel

Chris, there are two clubs here in SoCal that I know of, and both have good claims. There is the PCSC which stands for prospectors club of southern California, and the high desert gold diggers. Those two clubs have a deal where they have access to the others claims. I've been a member of PCSC a couple of times through the years. It's been a good experience, and they're great guys & gals.

d_day...funny you mention them because I just mailed off my membership application and payment to the HDGD club. I was a member of them in the past when Walt was still at Gold Fever Prospecting. Looking forward to receiving my card so I can hit the El Paso's on some actual claims. :thumbsupanim

chris, I wouldn't count out the oc 49ers club. I know they have a lot of claims in the randsberg area. I have found small nugs detecting and many pickers and flakes dry washing and taking buckets of concentrates home to clean. they have claims all over there. like 7 or more I think. I also know of few that found some nice nuggets on their claims. I haven't ever had any issues with any members or their club. nice outings as well. just a thought for ya. I know this is not the area you questioned but its close to you.

john

Edited by gubelube

Chris,

I spoke at the PCSC meeting last night. The claims are at The Dale and near Randsburg. They have a couple of claims there near Benson Canyon. There is a GPAA claim near and a Taft Claim. Benson Canyon has had some nice gold found with Gold Bugs and some big nuggets with PIs. The whole area has been going through a tear down because of dry washing.

Mitchel

Mitchel, when I was a member of HDGD in 2012 I darn near lived at the Red Chispa claim. Never found anything there but I know people who have. I also tried the Clark and Pilgrim claims near Duesenberg. Didn't find anything there either, but I heard that the PCSC let the Clark claim lapse due to lack of gold findings.

Heard you will be out at Franconia Monday or Tuesday. We are headed that way tomorrow, then to gold Basin on Monday and Tuesday, and back to Franconia on Wednesday before heading home. Maybe we will see you in the area while we are out. You know what my truck looks like...lol!

chris, I wouldn't count out the oc 49ers club. I know they have a lot of claims in the randsberg area. I have found small nugs detecting and many pickers and flakes dry washing and taking buckets of concentrates home to clean. they have claims all over there. like 7 or more I think. I also know of few that found some nice nuggets on their claims. I haven't ever had any issues with any members or their club. nice outings as well. just a thought for ya. I know this is not the area you questioned but its close to you.

john

Hi John,

Not sure if it is still the same, but the last time I tried to join OC49'ers I was told that they had reached their maximum membership number and I would have to be put on a waiting list, which if I remember correctly was quite extensive. Maybe that has changed in the last 2 years, though. I will certainly check them out again because I remember wanting to join their club pretty badly and was disappointed to hear that they had a membership cap! Thanks and happy hunting.

Chris,

If I see you this time I'll make sure to look you up. I'm going to meet Jon out there and GB is not in my plan for this trip. There is a chance I could stay an extra day and drive back here on Wednesday.

The PCSC Shotgun Claim which is about half a mile from the Red Chispa is producing good dry washing and lots of little nuggets now for Gold Bugs. Some in the group have found dozens of them but it takes that many to make a few grams.

You might have more fun there in the next few months than any other place with those new detectors you have. You know people in the group like Driller Dave and some others.

There are even a few PI nuggets but in the 7 hours I was there I didn't find one.

Mitchel

Edited by mn90403

Chris,

If I see you this time I'll make sure to look you up. I'm going to meet Jon out there and GB is not in my plan for this trip. There is a chance I could stay an extra day and drive back here on Wednesday.

The PCSC Shotgun Claim which is about half a mile from the Red Chispa is producing good dry washing and lots of little nuggets now for Gold Bugs. Some in the group have found dozens of them but it takes that many to make a few grams.

You might have more fun there in the next few months than any other place with those new detectors you have. You know people in the group like Driller Dave and some others.

There are even a few PI nuggets but in the 7 hours I was there I didn't find one.

Mitchel

Well, if you do decide to stay that extra day, let me know and we can meet you at Franconia on Wednesday morning. If not, we will catch you another time. Good luck out there.