Nugget Shooter

15 members have voted

1. 1. Ya coming? How many?

• Yes just me
    • Yes 2 of us
    • Yes 3 of us
    • Yup 4 in out group
    • yes a herd 5 or more

This one will be the weekend of March 21st to 23rd, 2014 and once again will be held at Jackass flats near Morristown Arizona. Please remember to get a state trust land use permit to camp and your permit will be good on any state trust land area in AZ all year.

http://www.azland.gov/programs/natural/recreation_permit.htm

If you already have an AZ hunt/fishing license you are OK on state land.

This outing is in memory of my late wife Barb who lost her battle with cancer a year or so back and she had so much fun with you all she asked if we could do one for her each year so she will be there in spirit.

This will be a "pot luck" and my family will supply brisket and turkey for the Saturday meal and the rest of the time ya can hunt gold on the club claims you are a member of of what ever trips your trigger. Though we are camping on state land there is mostly BLM around it. YES you are expected to bring and least something to chip in even if just firewood which we always need and please state in this thread what you will be tossing into the Saturday doings.

This is not a sponsored function and there are no booths, items for sale, etc. just a chance to see old friends, meet new ones, and enjoy a couple days in the Sonoran Desert.

So hope to once again see a bunch of you there!

Bill ... If you will allow the 'enemy' to infiltrate the camp again I will do a pot of beef chili like the last time ... seemed to go over pretty well last time ... and will for sure remember to bring my gas stove to heat it up. Getting all that greasy smoke off the bottom and side of the pot from sitting atop your smoker was a bear to remove! OH ... And be sure to save a piece of the brisket for Mike C so he won't feel I ate his share! LOL Sorry Mike ... just couldn't resist! :evil1::4chsmu1::old: Mike F

Bill ... If you will allow the 'enemy' to infiltrate the camp again I will do a pot of beef chili like the last time ... seemed to go over pretty well last time ... and will for sure remember to bring my gas stove to heat it up. Getting all that greasy smoke off the bottom and side of the pot from sitting atop your smoker was a bear to remove! OH ... And be sure to save a piece of the brisket for Mike C so he won't feel I ate his share! LOL Sorry Mike ... just couldn't resist! :evil1::4chsmu1::old: Mike F

Hi Mike soooooo that was your chilli-after finding out I was a day late and a dollar short for the brisket I settled for some chilli and flautas-the cold chilli was very good Thanks :4chsmu1: -Mike C... :200: -PS I guess in order to get some brisket I should either reserve a piece or get there at 3 pm with my eatery in hand and a pistol on my side :tisk-tisk:

Old Tom and medium Tom will be there! :)
Tom H.

Patrick say it isn't so.... Kim is smoke free and was gonna thank you for your help! She also said she will have to bake a cake if you don't show and it may drive her to smoking again :th:

Bill, be sure to let Kim know how proud all of us are !! Give her a hug for me.

If anyone is traveling near Lake Havasu on their way to LSD, I'd be happy to send a cake along.

Till the next time,

Patrick .....

We were unable to make the Franconia outing back in December, but are planning ahead to do our best to make this one. I do, however, have two questions if someone doesn't mind answering them for me.

1. Where exactly is Jackass Flats? Looking it up online it shows just south of the town of Williams on the 40, but that isn't close to Morristown, so I don't think that is the right one.

2. When attending these outings, does a person have to be a member of any specific clubs to do any detecting while there?

Thanks in advance!!!