Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newriverblake

Remington 600 Question

Hey Gun Guys -

Does anybody know the length of pull of the Remington 600? I am pretty sure that my Remington 700 is 13 1/2 - 14 inches length of pull....looking to buy this rifle for my boy and can't find any info on length of pull for the 600?

Before I drive across town to look at the gun - want to see if it would even work? Thanks for the quick replies....

Blake

I guess what I'm asking is the 600 a full length stock or more of a youth model, I know barrel is shorter but is the stock shorter? Thanks

Don't know about the trigger pull length but if memory serves me right that shotgun had a trigger recall back in the 1970's sometime ... maybe mid 70's. Be sure to check that out. I don't know if they would still repair the trigger but worth having a smith look at it before you buy.

Mike

Thanks Mike

I guess I should've been a little more specific, The Remington 600 mohawk is a bolt action rifle it comes in various calibers from 222 rem to 350 rem magnum from what I've researched. The model I'm looking at is in 243.

Know that the Remington 600 comes with a 18 1/2 inch barrel but does it have a full-length stock, that is my biggest concern being that I'm buying it for my son. All input appreciated thanks again.

Check overall length in inches and subtract the barrel length of 18 1/2 inches.

I just looked it up, 37.25 inches overall.

Looks like the trigger is about 12 to 14 inches from the butt.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Steel pan

12 inches I think would be about perfect 14 is pretty much a full lenght gun. I will hopefully get to see it later today.

My dad bought me a Rem 700. Had 4" taken off the barrel and 3" off the butt end. I was 11 and it worked for four years.

We'll I went ahead and bought the Remington 600 mohawk for my son. Since he's still seven I have 2 1/2 years before I have to worry about cutting down the butt stock. Hopefully my son will grow like a weed in the next couple of years so we won't have to cut the stock. Thanks for the help guys. Blake

Can't go wrong with the Mohawk, I had one in a 6mm and it was my truck gun, real tack drivers also.

Check overall length in inches and subtract the barrel length of 18 1/2 inches.

Subtract another 4 to 6 inches to get to aprox trigger location. Subtract that total from the

overall length.

I just looked it up, 37.25 inches overall.

Looks like the trigger is about 12 to 14 inches from the butt.

Hope that helps.

I interupted myself and didn't finish my thought.

Inserted in red.

We'll I went ahead and bought the Remington 600 mohawk for my son. Since he's still seven I have 2 1/2 years before I have to worry about cutting down the butt stock. Hopefully my son will grow like a weed in the next couple of years so we won't have to cut the stock. Thanks for the help guys. Blake

So, what is you stock length?

The length of pull is 13 7/8 from the trigger to the butt of the stock, which makes the stock pretty much a full-length stock.

The nice part is the rifle is only 5.5 lbs which makes it comparable to other youth model rifles.

Worst case scenario we have to cut the stock in a couple years if I can't find it stock that' is already cut down.

I'm very happy with my purchase seems to be a real nice rifle and hopefully it shoots as good as I've heard.

Thanks again for your input Blake