Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allen in MT

Playing with guns again

A while back I bought a Rem 870 12ga. It came with a bunch of shells so I thought to find a clay thrower at the flea market and bought a box of clays at wally world and had some fun shooting. The gun had some mild rust on it so with some 000 steel wool I began taking it off with WD40. It worked ok but also took the bluing off. Looked around at having it refinished and decided to go with a camo finish. So after watching a number of videos on the tube I decided on doing it with the rattle can. Everybody said the Krylon camo paint was a little better than Rustoleum camo but could not find any krylon camo paint anywhere so I went with the other.

After taking the shotgun apart I had to clean and prep it and I did it with Acetone. Everyone said to do the dark color first then the light and the medium color last. For the design I used a couple pieces of a bush from out back.

Well 1st time with the rattle can camo paint this is what I have.

post-227-0-18071900-1392419189_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-30179200-1392419299_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-64739000-1392419363_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-57529200-1392419380_thumb.jpg

A great job you did there Allen and on your first try too.....fantastic

Nice job! A lot of guys are using hydrographics on their toys these days. Don't know if that's any better than paint, but they sure do have some really cool designs.

Painting a Gun goes agents everything I was ever tought but It does look good. How will it hold up?

That looks cool Allen! Might do that with my 12 .... Cheers, Unc

Nice job Allen ... never thought of doing the spray bomb for gun camo but yours sure looks great. Mike F

That turned out great!

I hope that shotgun is as faithful to you, as it was to me. That 12g has been ALL over Alaska and then some.