Nugget Shooter Forums
grubstake

Your Best Non Nugget find?

Copped socket arrowhead made during the copper culture era age 3000 to 5000 years BP.

IMG_3312.JPG

IMG_3313.JPG

IMG_3314.JPG

• Like 3
  • well done 2

On 8/13/2018 at 11:52 AM, OferAZ said:

Found this a few years back in Nevada.  It was under a bunch of cedar duff and still has the bullet in the chamber.  It is a Maynard Carbine .50 cal

IMG_2829.JPG

Amazing how this works, I found your bullet and casing , both in different locations (70) miles apart. 50-70 cartridge

20181115_170021.jpg

• Like 3

Found this a few years back nuggethunting...had a nice deep target...after digging down two and half feet I though I may have struck the Big One !!:ya:. Than this little beauty came out of the hole, an 1840's- 1850's Naval officers belt buckle. Its one part of a two piece. This is as good as gold as far as I am concerned...the history behind it must be amazing. Imagine a naval officer going awol  and leaves  San Francisco for the Sierras to mine gold. California just joined the Union, and Mexico lost most of its Northern territories. 

Naval belt buckle 1.jpg

naval belt buckle 2.jpg

• Like 5
  • well done 1
  • wow 1

Looks like a ball from a ball mill, I have several in different sizes

• Like 4

On 11/15/2018 at 4:44 PM, Relichunter2016 said:

Found this a few years back nuggethunting...had a nice deep target...after digging down two and half feet I though I may have struck the Big One !!:ya:. Than this little beauty came out of the hole, an 1840's- 1850's Naval officers belt buckle. Its one part of a two piece. This is as good as gold as far as I am concerned...the history behind it must be amazing. Imagine a naval officer going awol  and leaves  San Francisco for the Sierras to mine gold. California just joined the Union, and Mexico lost most of its Northern territories. 

Naval belt buckle 1.jpg

naval belt buckle 2.jpg

Beautiful tongue buckle. That is on my sons bucket list of finds. Great job!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, azdigger said:

Looks like a ball from a ball mill, I have several in different sizes

That's it AZ, found this video on youtube. Thanks

Found it not far from where I found you. Lol. You should have stayed a few more days. 

Edited by Wyoprospector
Left out