Nugget Shooter Forums

The Deepest Gold Nugget You Found?

Relichunter2

Figured I would start this topic, may be fun and we may learn something from someone. We all have read questions from new people regarding depth and gold. We all know their are way to many variables do to conditions, and equipment used. But this will give some of us..a perspective what is possible if you learn your machine. One of my deepest nuggets was a 15.4 gram piece found with a 20" NF coil 20 inches deep. I do not carry a measuring tape..but I did mark my pick with a marker, so when I dig out a good target I use my pick to measure. So looking back at all my finds, I would say this was my deepest target. Lets hear some of your stories...it would be helpful to know the coil size and machine you use. I was using a M/L 4500. :Diggin_a_hole:

The year the Minelab Extreme came out I went to Vegas and bought one from Doc, also a Coiltek UFO, their 12x24 El. mono.

Yes paid for everything with nuggets.

Got back here and my buddy was doing a push at the ranch called Tony Oro. For many years kilos of gold has come from there. It seems with the new technology deeper gold is found there.

I had already been told that the area had deep gold but I thought I had cleaned it out with my SD2200 and Coiltek 18" Rd mono. The dozer was making scrapes about 200 ft. long and a foot deep. The we would beep, always finding gold after each scrape.

After the dozer had taken the "overburden" off about 4 ft. I was doing the low and slow beeping with the Extreme and the UFO.

I got a signal that wasn't loud but definately a signal and after going down 4 ft. it had to be gold. Started digging and with a12x24 coil the hole gets pretty big really quick. After about two feet and all five people involved standing around my arms said it was time for some relief on the pick. So Tony the foreman took over the digging, after another foot or so I was afraid he would ruin a beautiful nugget so I got back in the hole with a smaller pick and laying on my stomach finally got the big boy out.

A pure 180 gram nugget. Didn't bother with back filling the hole since we were going to do more pushing. After a short rest, a quart of water I started again. Went about 10 ft. and got another signal just like the other one. Down about two feet and the UFO was screaming again. So already being tired from the one just a few minutes ago I said "Tony fire up that dozer" he did and after another two feet, same as the other nugget out came a perfectly pure 182 gramer.

As we were standing there admiring the two beauties the rancher drove up and took both nuggets from his foreman and was grinning ear to ear as he examined them. The he looked at all of us and said "their mine" and took off. Never got our split or even a thank you.

Now for over a year I've been trying to get back in that ranch with my Nugget Finder 25" Rd mono but the NEW owner says no.

My deepest was 14 inches deep, found with a Tesoro Lobo St, at 14 inches it was right on bedrock, and it weighed 7 1/2 DWT, was a long nugget, I though it was a big Cutter Nail. Since I had been finding lots of them, But I dig every signal so I got the nugget. Grubstake

Garimpo... wow what a story! Two large nuggs at four feet...and not even time for a picture of those beauties cause of the " Boss" man ... :cry2: is a coming and getting. I am sure you had some great memories of that site and the gold you must have found, while you were allowed to hunt it. Hey never know things may change and that 25" may find even deeper ones. I tell you, i am a believer in those large coils...imagine a 15 gramer at 20 inches..shocking. Thanks for sharing your story.

Grubby, Dang never knew the Tesoro would go that deep!! I have recovered many nuggs with my Lobo...and square nails down to 12 inches.. Still use it..in some conditions. But I do have to admit Minelab is at my side most of the time. The best part is how well a Lobo handles some of the mineralization...very smooth if its constant, but I have experienced dirt that varies every few feet and than most vlfs flounder in those conditions.

Well my deepest the digging was done befor detecting so they wern't that deeply detected.But over in oz link parson our guide has dug some deeeeeep ones on are trip he got a 1/2ozer at 20+ inches with a 20" coil I stuck my 18" coil in the hole to measure post-26859-0-96715200-1392404659_thumb.j post-26859-0-07247700-1392404747_thumb.j ML5000 20"NF coil

Not having a real deep machine Mine have all be under 10" . Most the way I hunt are just under a few inches on Bedrock. Crevice stuff and NOOKS and Crannies. If I wanted to spend the time I could have found them with a Paint brush and pick.

Fred, it was just a wisper, but it was a target, I got two nuggets out of the same hole, the other, I never heard, until I was checking the hole again. First Nuggets I ever recovered, with a detector. Grubstake