Nugget Shooter Forums
mn90403

Meteorite Research, Resources, Identification, etc.

I have added a simple brochure from UCLA Collection of Meteorites that you can review and it will help you determine if you have a meteorite.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/101421522673623412677/albums/5980102290642930001

Mitchel

• Like 1

That is really cool, Mitchel!

Please add more links to aid new and old meteorite hunters how to identify a meteorite. We have done this in many threads but it is scattered. If you know a good post please copy and paste it here from a different thread. Skip will be watching to keep it on topic.

Mitchel

Good stuff Mike!

These two sites can help you figure out if a suspected Meteorite is worth further investigations.

http://meteorite-identification.com/streak.html

https://meteorites.asu.edu/meteorites/meteorite-id

They help me.

HF

There are a lot of good books on meteorites and you can find a lot of photos on the online. But with that said one of the best ways you will ever find for finding out if you did find a meteorite is by doing some of the things that will help you identify your rock as a meteorite.

http://www.meteoritemarket.com/metid1.htm

• Like 1

On 3/27/2017 at 2:50 PM, Mikestang said:

No it isn't.

Looks like a granite.

Please stop posting pictures of terrestrial rocks in this forum.

Skip,

Mike is right.  Can you take these pictures of 'finds' and make them into separate threads and keep the info about Identification of Meteorites pinned and separate?

Mitchel

16 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Skip,

Mike is right.  Can you take these pictures of 'finds' and make them into separate threads and keep the info about Identification of Meteorites pinned and separate?

Mitchel

Mitchel,

Yes I can and will, but give me a few days to get all the "finds/is it?" posts separated and into their own topic's for each poster.

5 hours ago, MeteoJuice22 said:

Is this in response to my post?

Not only yours, this topic has gotten cluttered with many posts asking for IDs which each should have been posted in their own topic, this topic was intended to be a topic providing links, etc. for info sources.

I will be moving all of these ID posts into new topics for each member, which is how it should be.

I will let each member know what the title of their topic will be so they can easily find it.

It's going to take me a few days to do this as I have little extra time at the moment.

I was finally able to get all the off topic posts moved into their own topics, if the member/s who post them here has remained actice I have sent you a private message to let you know they have been moved, I also inculded the Title and a link to your topic, thanks for your contribution and future contributions to the forum.

Please in the future post in the topic I created for you or create another topic as not to clutter and or hi-jack other members topic/s, if any members who hasn't remain active since their initial post/s and returns in the future looking here for your post, please look in your profile for your content to find the topic I created for you. 

Just an FYI, some experienced meteorite hunters/collectors seem to want posts seeking an ID that turns out to be just an earth rock either deleted or moved from this forum section since they aren't meteorites, I won't do that because I think, either right or wrong that these posts have merit in the meteorite forum section in the fact that they will help others new to metorites see what meteor-wrongs look like, so now everyone will know why I don't delete or move them, one day when time permits I may merge all of these posts into a "Meteor-wrongs" topic which I will sticky.

Thanks,

Skip

hello friends

i am meteorites hunter from iran and looking for one guy as a teammate overseas to help us in selling our rocks.. in international market.

thanks every one