Nugget Shooter Forums

The Ultimate Cable Stabilizer!

Hi All, Mike Krisher (AZ4AU) has been around this forum since the very early days and is also on the staff so most here know him well, Mike has come up with a fool proof clamp setup that eliminates all falsing from the connection at the control box! Attaches to the box itself and eliminates most if not all falsing from bumping the coil hard or moving the cable.... I have always said I would pay a million bucks to eliminate the false signals from bumping that vibrates to the connection. Mike is asking much less than that for his time and effort to solve this age old problem Minelab owners have had to face. http://www.nuggetshooter.com/the-ultimate-cable-stabilizer.html

There are some folks here at the forum that will likely chime in to let you know how they like them as well....

1207422_orig.jpg

Hi all Ive been using one of these new stablelizers and it cures ALL falsing at the coil connector to the control box from the shaft flexing at the end of a swing-dont waste your money on anything else-fix the problem once and for all-Thanks Mike K for a well thought of and well made product THAT WORKS :thumbsupanim Mike C... :200:

Bill, may be a stupid question, but does the smart point cable just pull out? I tried tugging on mine and seems its in pretty good. I was afraid to pull harder cause I don't want to damage it. Cause according to the instructions the two screws have to be removed in order to attach the stabilizer.Also, when it's installed does it impede the ability to unscrew the coil power connector, as I see it's pretty close to the coil stabilizer.

Fred

Fred ... I can answer the smart point cable question ... be sure to grab the plug NOT just the wire and pull straight out. ... There is a slight retention resistance on the cable plug that you will feel when you pull it out and plug it back in ... you won't hear the snap into place but you will feel it in your fingers. Also when replacing the plug be sure to line it up with the groove in the plug socket ... it will push in hard too but for a reason ... you want it to stay there once plugged in.

Mike F

Any detector I have if you just wrap the Cable tight along the bottom of the shaft and do a wrap on it your done. If the Top end is messing around you have a Bad Connector or not tight . End Game. You don't need another Doo Dad to correct what they did wrong.

Any detector I have if you just wrap the Cable tight along the bottom of the shaft and do a wrap on it your done. If the Top end is messing around you have a Bad Connector or not tight . End Game. You don't need another Doo Dad to correct what they did wrong.

Not true with coil to box connection at Minelab SD, GP, and GPX as they will all false at connection no matter how wire is wound or how tight connector is if bumped or moved. This "Do Dad" is made by a forum member and does eliminate the problem quite well...

The stabilizer does not restrict removal or attachment Fred...

Fred ... If sometime you do break that plug or wire in the field you are not out of business. That wire is for the convenience of using the green button on the end of the handle to easily ground balance. The OLD FASHION WAY still will work using the ground balance switch on the front panel. Manual ground balance is covered in the manual I think. It is the same way we all learned back in the days of the GP3500 ... or was it the GP3000? ... and earlier machines. Point being you can still hunt until it is convenient to send the machine to Minelab Repair or solder the wire back at the home workshop.

Mike F

Homey, if you can figure a way to solve this persistent Minelab problem (without destroying the warranty) you could make some $$$$. Herb Browning(carbon fiber shafts) makes a nice gizmo also, but you really need two of them for it to work well.....