Nugget Shooter Forums

Hey - supposing I were to swing a last-minute daytrip to Holbrook tomorrow. What would I need to know about the strewnfield / hunting there / area / etc?

THANK YOU for any tips.

look through some of the very old posts, do a web search for Holbrook...most, but not all Holbrooks are very tiny like rabbit-pellets (smart pills)...but are to my eyes a grey, ash color...in three trips I only found three but others find more or none...

a metal detector is of no use...

just very good eyes and a magnet on a stick and lots of walking. Or, crawling which is how I found my second and third holbrooks...

good luck

fred

Thanks, both of you!

Fred, I think crawling is a good idea. Perhaps I will strap some big foam pillows onto my knees when we go there (not today, as it turns out).

Rar...many people laugh when I discribe that method, I am sure it is a funny sight to see a 60-ish old fool crawling about looking for rocks...not the first silly thing I ever did do.

Anyway, my vision is not super-vision anymore, the glasses don't correct to my former vision and the ground is too far away when standing up to see without my glasses-so, off came the glasses,down on my knees, on the mud flats I went...worked for me!

fred

I think it is brilliant! My kids have a huge advantage over me as they're closer to the ground & have fresh eyes. I'm trying to train them... unfortunately I haven't yet found my first meteorite, so there's that....