Nugget Shooter Forums

Polaris Battery Warranty - 30 Days

GeoJack

Well you live and learn. I purchased a new battery ($150.00) for my Polaris from the dealer mid Nov. and didn't really use the quad until last month. The battery wouldn't hold a charge so I took it back to the dealer. They offered to sell me another battery after just 3 months of limited use. 30 day warranty. I called other dealers and they offer 12 months. You can get a better warranty from a law mower shop. Never again will I buy from a Polaris dealer. Spread the word and save yourself some money.

Polaris Battery.pdf

Edited by GeoJack

I done the same thing quad set for 90 days after putting a new Walmart battery in it was dead took it back to Walmart

they said no replacement because no warranty on motorcycle batteries. That was $75 down the drain

renegade Bob

From the battery mfg's website:

Conventional batteries typically only last 2 to 3 years on average. Although, 4 to 5 years is possible, in the best environments, and with excellent maintenance.

Yuasa Battery, Inc. does not handle warranty issues directly. All inquiries should be directed to the dealer where the battery was purchased. The dealer's distributor sets the warranty period and handles all warranty claims. The warranty time frame is not specified by Yuasa, but the majority of the distributors give 6 months free replacement, provided the customer has dated proof of purchase.

I'm with El Dorado on this one. Modify or find a battery that is covered with some warranty. Even a Gell Cell would be better I think. All you need to do is keep them within the AMP hour ratings and that would keep the charge rates safe.

You can't get a better battery>>

http://shop.odysseybattery.com/k/search?q=pc925l&x=0&y=0

http://www.odysseybattery.com/batteries.html

99.99% pure lead flat plate, welded internal connections, 2 years before needing a charge, AGM technology(not a gel cell) 10-12 year design life, no sulfation worries, no leakage issues.....

I checked the store and they want between $170-185. depending on which model PC925 you need. The higher cost one has a metal external case..

YOu can find them also at SEARS masquerading as the PLATINUM DIe HArd battery line (they purchased license from Odyssey)

though I doubt they'ld have the particular model in stock- truck and motor home sizes , yes.

Edited by weaver hillbille

Battery mfg. just responded, 6 month warranty on the product. Said if the Polaris dealer didn't want to provide me with another battery to contact them and they'll take care of it. Done deal.

Now I got two batteries, one will go to running the Gold Cube and Blue Bowl.

• Like 1

Buy yourself a Battery Tender.

Jim

Convert to a car battery....... Getting stranded 30 miles from help Is caca! They are OK for a motorcycle because they have a backup kick starter. Your RZR has no such back up and the only method available takes tools and the chance of losing fingers spinning the belt by hand.

And if you try the method Steve is referring to your chance of losing a handful of fingers is very real ... I havea snowmobile(they use the same clutch drive as the RZR and other UTV's use) friend try to start his dead battery machine "pulling" the belt ... it worked but cost him his index and part of middle fingers. I don't recommend that method. The other alternative is to use the extra space below the seat to install a second battery ... Just be sure to keep both tethered to a battery tender when you are home. The tender will boost the life of the battery to about 5 years if you are religious about it.

If it was my machine I too would go with a Auto battery of major make like Exide, or others. I know they make a small auto battery with a 5 year warrenty. Worst come to Worst you may have to change Connectors.

• 2 weeks later...

Or you could carry the extra car battery in the floorboard with a set of jumper cables...just had to throw that in....haha!!!

Fresh new battery just came in from the mfg. Freight paid. Local Polaris dealer won't even respond to emails.

Last battery in my quad lasted 2 years, don't know how long before that it was installed. I only ride locally and on the property so good to go and the new battery will power my pumps for the Gold Cube and Blue Bowl.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I got tired of paying over $100 a pop on my Polaris battery, only for it to last a little over a year. Now I go to Walmart and buy the $40 motorcycle battery's that are similar in size, and they work great.

• 2 months later...

Well, no such thing as a $40 battery any more.

Needed a new battery for my wife's Polaris... Found a Exide(correct size too) at Tractor Supply with 6 month free replacement. Beat Wally World by $15 too!

• 2 weeks later...