Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold pixs from LSD

TomH

First off...it was a awsome time! :)
Met old friends, made some new ones. Just a great time out with fantastic weather.

So for the gold.........

Some guys got some chunky nugs...Lon got a couple of dinks....I think. Mike C got a dink.

Ed got some pickers and fines from drywashing.

I got a few dinks and nice nug on the red cloth.

Wade...well what can you say about Wade??
He got close to 4 grams of GB2 stuff.

But! He worked his butt off for it!!!
So now for the story.

We met up with Shay from Sedona and were hitting washes together with him. He was yet to find his first nug.

Wade was generous enough to take us up to a spot he and Adam hit and found some gold.

After detecting for the rest of the day there its about 3:30 and we all met up with Wade digging out the wash. I think he got 5 today.

Were tired and are getting ready to head back and pack up camp.

Shay sees this boulder on the side of the wash and suggests that he flip it and detect under it.
Ahhh....thes kids these days. They just like to expend energy.

Go ahead and flip it into the wash.

So he does and detects the exposed area about 2 feet up out of the wash. We see him going over a spot and going over and over....and he says I got a signal here.

Well, up high like that its probably trash blown up.

He digs down to bedrock and its getting a lot louder....Wade dad and I are all saying COMON!!!! Be a NUGGET!!!
Hes down to bedrock and chiping away at it...all of a sudden we hear a HOLY "POOP"!!!
He reaches down and pulls up a beautiful 1.8 gram nugget. It was so cool to see him get his first nug.

Really fun times!

Im sure he will post some pics of it. Ive got a video after he pulled it out.

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X8lS4n2D18.

So it was a great time out. Dad, Wade, Shay and myself all were blessed with gold and good times.

Some pics of Anderson mill and us unsticking Shays truck. He just happened to hit the holes just right and high centered on the differential. Oh well

Enjoy!
Tom H.

post-25308-0-43440600-1392000462_thumb.j

post-25308-0-16552100-1392000470_thumb.j

post-25308-0-62339700-1392000475_thumb.j

post-25308-0-00217600-1392000490_thumb.j

post-25308-0-69270200-1392000497_thumb.j

post-25308-0-37388200-1392000504_thumb.j

post-25308-0-51759000-1392000511_thumb.j

Hey Tom,

Nice meeting you and Shay. Now that I've got the Rokons properly broke-in and know their equipment carrying capabilities... as I stated, you're more than welcome to ride one, and join me in prospecting those hard to access areas. Same goes for you Shay if you're reading this. Congrats on your first nugget find BTW. I found some dust that would probably be good dry washing or blue bowl material, but wasn't really in the mood to dig it.

A big thanks to Bill for hosting this event. NIce meeting you again. Sorry I missed your brisket. Guess that's what I get for lolly gagging around. :grr01:

• Like 2

Great story and pix Tom. It was a great outing and enjoyed talking with you and all the others that were there. Bill out did himself with the great brisket. Sorry you missed it AZBB. Those Rokons are cool..

Hey all!

That was great getting to meet you guys. I had a good time down there and finding my first nugget made it even better!

Thank you to Tom and Old Tom for lettiing me tag along with you guys and being so generous. :thumbsupanim

Big thanks to Wade for letting me hunt one of your spots. That was awesome!

I still can't believe I finally found a piece and with three legends watching me dig it right in front of them! :yesss:

Here's some pictures after cleaning it up:

post-27032-0-95843500-1392010845_thumb.jpost-27032-0-46728900-1392010834_thumb.jpost-27032-0-21576200-1392010858_thumb.j

Tom way to go you helping always dirty [shay] find his first nug! we won't be able to stop him now! I had planned to come to the outing but things came up and changed my plans maybe march for sure.Would love to meet you and your dad >>>swing on >>Kelly

Hey Tom,

Nice meeting you and Shay. Now that I've got the Rokons properly broke-in and know their equipment carrying capabilities... as I stated, you're more than welcome to ride one, and join me in prospecting those hard to access areas. Same goes for you Shay if you're reading this. Congrats on your first nugget find BTW. I found some dust that would probably be good dry washing or blue bowl material, but wasn't really in the mood to dig it.

A big thanks to Bill for hosting this event. NIce meeting you again. Sorry I missed your brisket. Guess that's what I get for lolly gagging around. :grr01:

Thanks! We' ll have to get out some time!

Sounds like a great time. But AZB most folks would be tickled pink to have A Rokon and you refer to your ROKONS :4chsmu1: I saw the pics and quite a pair-color me GREEN with envy as my all time favorite. Don't get ya there fast BUT gets you anywhere in 1 piece as I enjoy zipping along waaaay to much. thanx for all the pics fellas-John

Hey Tom,

Good to meet you up there. I appreciate the offer on the ROKONs

Probably would still like to ride my own bike though in case I wipe out!

Tks for the advice on the reeds on my bike. Will be taking a look at them.

Hope to see you at the March outing.

Tom H.

:old: Hey guys and gals awesome outing thanks Bill Sutherland,Congrats to everyone who found gold. Boulder dash that's awesome gold. Hope to find that much gold in my lifetime much less two or three days. Congratulations to [always dirty] on his first nugget in Arizona ,metal detecting. Was fun around the campfire. Was too late to try the brisket maybe next time, rest of the food was great.Gary a.k.a. az blackbird thanks for sharing your fire Friday night and nice meeting you and your partner Jim. Hope to see some of you folks out in the field or at the next outing signing off. Jerry. [D Dog]

Lon got a couple of dinks....I think. Mike C got a dink.

Correction Tom- Just for the record guys saturday I got 3 Lon got 0 which only meens I got another dollar :4chsmu1: sunday I went solo and I got none do to testing some new toys for Billy :brows: Mike C... :200:

PS-nice going alwaysdirty on your first nugget and Tom nice chunky gold :thumbsupanim

Edited by Mike C...