Nugget Shooter Forums
Jim Gilmore

Who is upgrading gold bug pro's ??

I hear that they have an upgrade but I haven't hear who is doing it. Wondering if anybody knows the who and how to contact them...

I upgraded to a gold bug 2. In my opinion the pro can't even touch the gb2. I'll have a few really small ones at the outing if anyone wants to see how small it can consistently hit small gold.

I'm with Boulder.

GB 2 = head of pin size gold

Small%202.jpg

• Like 1

I am not saying that a goldbug pro is a gb 2 but I did see them show up with 2 vials that had a lot of small pieces of gold and he wa using a grarret machine and she was using a modified gb pro...

So the question is still who is upgrading them if anybody here knows and whats it cost...

Edited by Jim Gilmore

Jim, contact Fred, at 2090-966-3600, Mariposa Goldrushtrading post, I think he knows a guy here in town that does that, Grubstake

BD...my 5g will kill your GB2...you find it first and then I will set the sensitivity to 1000 and you will see that it will hear it :worship:
Cya tomarow!!! :wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee:
Tom H.

Edited by TomH

Will never get rid of my GB2, it operates around 71khz, and the GB Pro is around 19khz. The GB2 will find those smaller nuggets, if you put that what is it?? 1 inch coil that the Pro comes with on a GB2, you wouldn't even be able to see the gold without a microscope... :4chsmu1:

Go get e`m Tom :head:

Hope ya have a good ride dood...

Will be thinking about ya out there with BD. :)

Tom

Kelly co is selling some of the Excelerator SEF EDS PRO coils that are much larger but ungodly great at tiny gold and depth. A friend is just finishing up the test. Beat a area to death with the GB Pro on 7 visits,over 40 hours,recovered many ounces. Now going back over with the Excelerator on and it's like a new patch as producing both smaller and deeper nuggets again. Made for the F-75,also a Fisher. Now a Russian firm is sending over some coils to try. But we have rain-dear blessed much needed rain and all on hold for a few days. I have a few folks(me still also) I know who still prefer the righteous GB2 but these new coils have forced me into redigesting the purchase decision as I really want a underwater unit, but may have to rehash that also. When Ex test is done, time for the GB2 to move in with my tiny lil'ol'coil and we'll see who is the true VLF nugget killer. Neither the Gareett ATX or the Minelab are very impressive to me yet,from others tests.I Never reject nuttn' till I get to run at least 40 hours or so as all units/coils have differing idiosyncries to ascertain. I have heard of mods BUT any mod kills the warranity and I do coveth them as Tesoro the finest in the biz for over 32 years I can attest to. To all them doubting thomases, great please don't buy as that just leaves mo'gold for others-thanx----- :head: John

I have heard someone had a GB 2 modified with a noise reduction circuit, does anyone know about this??

Dave.

Bill at this juncture in time I would NOT even consider buying from someone else. Cost be darned. Notice how I cleaned that up so as to not get any points?? :D John

?? What is the UpGrade? What do they do?

Gary Hudson out of Chico has done many mods on detectors including my own. I heard of him from Lance Barker the owner of the Colorado Mine in Mariposa. He had his lobo, goldbug modified by Gary.He also uses a Minelab in his mine. The Colorado Mine is famous for the Dragon Nugget that was found by Emet. Its actually crysatlline piece in shape of a dragon, sold for 500,000 grand. My lobo is more sensitive to free milling gold in quartz after the mods. I don't know what he did..it's electronics and I just don't get that stuff. The warranty that may come with your detector is null and void after the mods. Mods usually cost around 150 to 175 and for me it was worth it.

The mods include some extra buttons and switches allowing you to utilize a push button on the Pro, for example, and on the GB2 that quickly switch you in and out of discriminate and Iron Discriminate respectively. The switches on the GB2 jump you into a highly sensitive mode (turbo). The Lobo mods I didn't find effective enough to warrant the expense. In addition to extra buttons and switches the entire electronic circuitry is checked and parts are replaced as needed (as well as tuned). I am very happy with the mods to the Pro and the GB2.