Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pondmn

My new air rifle

Just got my new toy.......not necessarily a toy........A Benjamin Marauder precharged pneumatic 25 caliber air rifle. It is commonly known as a PCP air rifle. At 80 yards it will put 5 shots under a dime and touching. It is excellent for small game such as quail, doves, wild turkey, rabbits, and pigs. On Airgunner TV they dropped a wild pig with one shot between the eyes. Also a good predator gun and less noise than my Beeman break action 177. It is a kick to shoot with an adjustable trigger. It is filled with a scuba tank that costs only $6.95 to fill with air and gets about 25 shots per rifle filling and numerous fillings on a tank of scuba air. This should help my coyote problem and also take care of the problems with bad shoulders and cocking my old gun which I truly enjoy. Jerry

That's nice air rifle Jerry, I hope you enjoy it!! :41:

Do you have a scope for it yet?

WoW! Pile of money for a Air Rifle but then it a lot or Rifle. http://www.airgundepot.com/benjamin-marauder-pcp-air-rifle--22-cal-repeater-1000-fps.html

Homie,

Not that the price is any different, but the one you posted a link too is a .22 caliber, the one Jerry has is a .25 caliber.

Not as much FPS, but has more thump!

http://www.airgundepot.com/benjamin-marauder-air-rifle-25.html

I gave up on the air and pump pistols and rifles for my varmint problems. They all eventually leak. Been using these now for years in my 10/22, and in my little pea shooter. The report is about the same as the air tools and the neighbors are none the wiser.

40grsub.jpg

I put a 4X12 scope on it. My first shots were amazing with almost no trigger pull and less noise than a standard bb gun. I also shoot a Savage 17HMR with bull barrell and an old 1914 Savage takedown hex barrel 22. I also had problems with leaking on cheaper pellet rifles. When you consider the cheaper cost of ammo a gun like this pays for itself in no time. Jerry

Savage .17 HMR. Love mine.

Air guns have come a long way since I had my Daisy.

My daughter and I wore out a crossman pump bb gun in our back yard shooting cans and now my grand kids blow away a lot of bbs.

You have a fine air air gun there......

Merriweather Lewis on the Lewis and Clark expedition had an amazing air gun. .46 cal and powerful! It was the centerpiece of interest when shown to natives along the way.

http://lewisandclarktrail.com/lewisairgun.htm

I remember reading about that. They had to Hide it .

Yup. Big ol pump airguns were the best guns out there. Kings used them. They took along a couple of slaves to pump them up between shots.

They are better in every way than a propellant driven rifle up to a point. For a .25 caliber they are ideal.

Try a "faster" compressed gas than nitrogen. Use helium to charge that gun! I betcha Co2 or argon would get a bunch more velocity. The airgun evolved into the light gas gun. With lighter gasses and a fill source capable of delivering a ton of pressure like a compressed cylinder the potential for some real speed is there.

NASA uses an "air gun" to simulate meteoroids hitting space hardware. They use a hydrogen airgun and shoot at cosmic speeds. The gun itself is 30 feet long. It is nothing but a big airgun that uses highly compressed light gas. It would be very simple to employ this in a modern air rifle and get big performance increases.

Helium. Cheap, fast and effective.