Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

El Dorado

Top 10 most popular handguns

Been here over 22 years and seen about as many Bears. There is a Pile of them in the Gila. All I seen was a butt crashing through the bushes going away from me. I figure the .22 will make them loose interest. One came into camp in the wee hours and messed with my grill. Food was all put away. I think he just about turned inside out when I jumped out of the Van Yelling my guts out calling him everything but a Bear. Mtn Kitties, I've seen like 10. Same with them. They see me and Beat Feet to better locations. We did have a guy here a few years ago taking a bird bath in his front yard get ate. Yea Ate. Look it up. Like stated anyone ever attacked by one Never seen it coming. Ok, the Rugar MK II is not a Cannon for sure but it will keep the bad man and critters off me. Except that Kitty on the Rock Wall I never bothered to look up at. Most cat's I've ever seen was 50 or 100 yards or more. I did Call one in one time but At 40 Yards I just stood up and he split real quick like. I don't fear the four legged ones. It's the Two Legged ones that are a Issue.

I'll take a cat or bear anyday over a drug crazed crankster gangster as brainless. At least a critter has instinct and common sense--cranksters no not nuttn' bud. I've also never had to shoot anything with 4 legs except a rabid skunk and a few rabbits for the stew.-John

post-26337-0-51582200-1392581614_thumb.j

I like S&W's J-Frame revolvers. They are available in .22LR, .22 Magnum, .38 S&W Special and .357 Magnum. My personal favorite is the model 638 (.38 S&W Special +P). The 638 has a shrouded hammer that prevents snagging, but gives you the option of cocking the hammer, and the opportunity for a steadier shot.

Just my two cents worth.

Saginaw

Made a mistake.

The model 638 (Shrouded Hammer) is only available in .38 S&W Special and .357 Magnum.

Saginaw

Mrs El Dorado bought a Ladysmith....... It's a very nice handgun. Smith sure makes nice wheelguns

Steve my wife has a S&W airweight along with an Colt AR15 and a Ruger 22/45

Her anti gun parents can't stand me.

post-1061-0-88233400-1392688874_thumb.jp

Greg ... You corrupted their daughter you sly dog you! :) Mike F

Short barrel guns have lousy accuracy,nuttn' but belly shot guns. Not enough time for repeat shots if ya expect to hit something-John

I like them all, just wish I still had the ones I got rid of. Oh well I have more and better now.

Years ago when I was carrying payroll cash on Fridays to our crew on the Salmon River, I carried a cheap S&W Chief's Special .38 Special ... Had two guys in the crummy behind me with an Uzi and a AR16 ... I loved that gun in my hip pocket ... Dead on within 25 feet ... To this day I wish I hadn't sold it ... Wish I could find one now ... Cheers, Unc

PS ..This thread got me curious so I started an internet research ... I bought my Model 36 for about $225 and ended up selling it for $100 .. Back around 1983 ... Bummer ... They're lots more now!