Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

El Dorado

Top 10 most popular handguns

www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/top-10-handguns/

Ruger tops the list, my favorite, Kimber is number 5 and Glock just squeezed onto the list for the first time. I really thought the Glock was more popular than that.

www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/top-10-handguns/

Ruger tops the list, my favorite, Kimber is number 5 and Glock just squeezed onto the list for the first time. I really thought the Glock was more popular than that.

Glock 23 for boonie carry, SIG239 for everyday carry, Ruger SR22 for the S.O. to carry in her purse, Taurus .22 pea shooter for pigeons and cats, and an S&W .44 mag for who the hell knows what for. :idunno:

There's a funny saying in the gun world... Kimbers are for showing your friends... Glocks are for showing your enemies. :thumbsupanim

Sig 226 9mm for the traveling in the vehicle and out in the boonies, Kahr PM9 for everyday carry, S&W snubby .38 police special with snake shot for the hot weather snake season in the gold fields. Sig is my semi-auto of choice. Have the 229, 226 and 239 all in 9mm Lugar. The Kahr PM9 in much like the 239 ... just been used to carrying the Kahr for much longer.

post-23206-0-94920700-1391570501_thumb.j

I carry an S&W .22 revolver. A little High Standard 9 shot on the backpack.

I like shooting handguns. I like a loong barreled revolver because there is a little more sight plane. But I love those auto pistols. A Glock makes a great defense gun. It is not as nice to shoot and they sure aren't as slick as some other guns.

I have not gotten used to the fact that the Glock is a double action pistol...kinda sorta. I can't feel comfortable without a decocking lever.Even though a Glock is really only half cocked until you pull the trigger I can't get used to leaving a round in the chamber and holstering it (or handing it off) without doing SOMETHING. It is just not natural.

The pistol is every bit as safe as a revolver. It is probably safer than most autoloaders. But I just can't seem to get used to that hybrid between a double action and an autoloader.

So I don't usually carry the Glock for defense. I love to shoot it and the Colt 1911 as well as the Beretta 9mm. But I don't carry them for defense very often. I feel really good with the S&W .22 revolver for day to day carry and plinking.

Even though a Glock is really only half cocked until you pull the trigger I can't get used to leaving a round in the chamber and holstering it (or handing it off) without doing SOMETHING. It is just not natural.

The 'ole booger picker will get you every time. I always get a good laugh out of all the numb nuts who have had a so-called "accidental discharge". There's no such thing. You either pulled the trigger or you didn't... there's no in between! :rolleyes:

The 'ole booger picker will get you every time. I always get a good laugh out of all the numb nuts who have had a so-called "accidental discharge". There's no such thing. You either pulled the trigger or you didn't... there's no in between! :rolleyes:

I don't worry about accidental discharge. It is the habit of decocking aa pistol that LOOKS LIKE THAT. It is just ingrained habit for an autoloading pistol. And whenever I stop shooting that Glock I stand there looking helpless and lost for an instant wonderingg what it is I am supposed to do with the gun before I holster it. The rules are exactly like a revolver. But the darn thing looks like an autoloader so my mind. tries to find that safety up under my thumb. I try to find that button every freaking time I let it down. A hundred times now and I still can't find that decocking lever on that Glock.

...I am going to super glue a 1911 decocking lever on the side to fiddle with before I holster it and I will be happy. I guess the problem is the Glock dosent have enough levers on it.

I was also a bit surprised that Glock wasn't higher on the list. Lived in Smyrna for seven or eight years before moving here so they were everywhere.

It is always interesting to dig down into numbers if the info is aviable. What I carried when, where and how changed often---so what I used the most may not have been my "favorite".

Now-a-days it's just a pocket knife. Even that is technically illegal. Large piece of sharpened rebar around the house.

CA is getting ridiculous with its anti gun laws, but you guys in Brasil have it nasty. Let's hope and work that never happens in the USA.

I have more Rugers than any other brand. Sure is a bummer they are NOT going to ship any semiauto to kalif anymore....S & W also,sold my last one a them. Plenty of good arms out their but the new Big Judge is indeed a fun mix. Shotgun revolver with a 44/10 gage mix for my buds wife. Gettn' the cherry this week hopefully,looks like fun to shoot BUT here ya gotta slip in 2 plugs as only allowed 3 shotgun bullets at a time sic sic sic-John

I prefer S&W. :yesss:

.357 and 44 mag.

Did y'all know that Marlin makes lever action 357s and 44s?

Very handy. The 44 is good out to around 200 yrds.

Hornady "Lever Revolution" is my choice for ammo.

Glock just don't fit my hand, Kimber a little too pricey.

The best fit for my hand and pocket book is a S&W 1911.

In my book, "wheel guns" rule though. NEVER had one jam yet. :brows:

...and no "accidental" mis-fire. If it goes off, it was meant to be. :4chsmu1:

El-D

After always carrying it took some time to get use to that naked feeling down here.

Taurus firearms are from Brasil but you can't get most of their products here .

Been practicing at the bat cave with my sling shot. Can peg a beer can at 20 yards. Nails and dowels make nice projectiles. Next trip back I'm getting one of these

http://survivalslingshot.com/wp-content/uploads/Survival-Slingshot-Archer-Standard1.jpg

Out and About, I carry a Ruger Mark II . first two shots are snake shot. Other 8 are Remingtion Stingers. If you don't duct with a .22lr coming your way your stupid as hell.

I carry a Rugar 22/45 same as a mark ll but the grips and the safty are just like a 1911, and the mag. release is too. Mine is stainless, with a 5 inch barrel. Grubstake

I carry a Rugar 22/45 same as a mark ll but the grips and the safty are just like a 1911, and the mag. release is too. Mine is stainless, with a 5 inch barrel. Grubstake

That is a sweet handgun Grubby. You can't get much better than that. Every one of the Ruger "Mark" pistols are the cats meow. A little picky on ammo and keeping the chamber and bolt clean. But once those babys are broken in they are super. And a stainless model for a carry gun could not be better.

Cool deal Grubstake! I like your style!

Out and About, I carry a Ruger Mark II . first two shots are snake shot. Other 8 are Remingtion Stingers. If you don't duct with a .22lr coming your way your stupid as hell.

My bro took a single 22lr to the chest. Flatlined a couple of times before the docs sewed him up sans some interal parts. Gave my wife an Sr9 which is too much for her. When we move back I'm really interested in that Sr22. Big and bad is great but three or four rounds on target is more important.

Rugars are cool. You can let them get real Nasty and they still shoot. I've put 1000 round in that pistol and it always went pop and never hung up. Flush them out with WD-40 and 5 or 10 drops of oil and there ready for the next 1000 rounds. If you ever tried to break down a Rugar mark II your in for a treat putting them back together. You have to hold your tong just so to the left muttering Sock Pucker Upside Down at the same time while shaking it to the Right as holding the Mussel in front. That will get the Triger Group back in place. It's a whole lot easier to just flush them out and oil.

Big and bad is great but three or four rounds on target is more important.

Bingo... I tried some little nines and even a couple heavy ones with the S.O. The recoil was just too much for her little hands. With the SR22, she can do a mag dump and consistently hit a 10" area from 25 yds out. I'd say that's close enough for the bad guys. I run the CCI velocitors in it. They burn fairly clean and are very accurate. For those that poo-poo the .22lr round... take a couple center mass and let me know how your feel afterwards. :cowboypistol:

Never, ever hand off a loaded pistol or rifle.

Clear the chaimber and drop the mag, ALWAYS! :old:

For carry, drop the mag, clear the chamber, re-insert mag. Simple. :nutty:

Carried a 2 shot 38 derringer in my pocket while working at 7-11 when I was in trade school then 2 different 380's for years. Always wanted a bigger caliber and now I carry a colt defender 3 inch 45.

I prefer the Ruger LCP for out in the desert and out to eat, light weight and compact. So what if it stand for lady's compact pistol. I prefer lethal compact pistol so don't razz me to much guys.

I prefer the Ruger LCP for out in the desert and out to eat, light weight and compact. So what if it stand for lady's compact pistol. I prefer lethal compact pistol so don't razz me to much guys.

Actually you're quite the man if it's something you shoot regularly. I bought one for my Mom and it was just way too snappy for her. I thought maybe I'd keep it, but after running a few mags through it, I decided it was even too snappy for me. My .44 doesn't even come close to jacking my hand (thumb webbing) like that little LCP did. Needless to say I sold it, and bought her a Sig P239 in 9mm. She loves it.

I have had a 40 sig on my bucket list . I like carrying a sidearm and that is one of my Walthers

Newriverblake-1st rule of weaponry-Never hastle or make fun of a lady with a loaded firearm -no matter even ifn' pink-John :old:

My little Colt Mustang has gained a rather favorable spot in my arsenal, .380 ammo has come a long way.

Kimber has come out with a model recently but it will never reach my stupid state

Steel Pan ... Did I understand you to carry without one in the pipe? Doesn't make sense to have to action the slide in a must should situation ... I was taught at Sig Academy to defensively always have one in the pipe ... takes too long to jack the slide and then take aim. JMHO of course. Mike