Nugget Shooter Forums

gold at the camp ground

ARTSGOLD

we are going to Q. we stay in the BLM camp ground north of town. has any gold been found around that camp in the flats ?? thanks

I've never been to Quartzsite yet and i know the La Posa BLM is supposed to be south of town on 95 but how far north of town is the place you are talking about and is it on 95?______

Good Luck on finding the Gold. wish i was there

Edited by Joe Z

I've never been to Quartzsite yet and i know the La Posa BLM is supposed to be south of town on 95 but how far north of town is the place you are talking about and is it on 95?______

Good Luck on finding the Gold. wish i was there

Good eye ....I assumed he meant the BLM area West of town , not North......oops

Edited by adam

You are probably in the Hi Jolly camping area?

Hmmm...

West of Quartzsite are the Oro Fino Placers.

Southwest of Quartzsite are the La Cholla Placers.

Southeast of Quartzsite are the Plomosa Placers.

North or Northeast are not a good choice for placer gold.

Edited by clay

Good eye ....I assumed he meant the BLM area West of town , not North......oops

Dome Rock Rd area (west of the city) i assume your talking about. I heard some say you can BLM Camp that area and my GPAA book shows a claim right there on dome rock rd called "Flat Foot" is it worth going to?______ or is say La Paz better?

Have not really heard of any gold near the camps North of Quartzsite. Funny too as one of the largest gold mines in AZ is North of Quartzsite and their tunnel seems to pointing right at the Historic town of La Paz which was a gold mecca. That said, we went exploring yesterday, North of I10, East of Ehrenburg and found areas of drywasher piles galore! Now all Indian Rez...lots of gold came out of those areas.

Honestly, if you consider the hundred or so that are looking for gold in the Q-site area and the ranges around there, very little is being found collectively.

Jim