Nugget Shooter Forums
El Dorado

WHOPPER NUGGET

This is an incredible story and nugget in the recent GPAA rag.

post-1252-0-28773300-1391351454_thumb.jp

Edited by El Dorado

yes, that is the stuff dreams are made of...

Mike is an excellent writer to boot!

how ya doing Steve? I Hope all is well with you and Mrs. El D.

fred

Fred, life is great in the Motherlode, thanks for asking. Yes Mike is certainly a talented man and a great friend.

I realize Mike is a great guy but do you think he would be a little more specific if we threatened to break his knees?

I had the opportunity to see the pics in that article FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Norm for showing it to me at Quartzite this weekend.

I think that is why they have copyright laws. I don't subscribe and they aren't available where I live so I had a friend pick up a copy in Reno.

I don't subscribe either, but had to pick it up when I saw it at the newstand. I think 12 pounds with 6 pounds of gold or something like that. Kind of gives a guy motivation to dig up all those rusty can signals... An absolutely amazing chunk!

I don't subscribe either, but had to pick it up when I saw it at the newstand. I think 12 pounds with 6 pounds of gold or something like that. Kind of gives a guy motivation to dig up all those rusty can signals... An absolutely amazing chunk!

I usually let out a groan on those rusty can signals. But always dig 'cause maybe one day they will be something like that whopper.

WoW!!!

:yesss: WOWZA now that's a bign' fer sure-John :brows:

i wonder what deepth he snaged it at ? crazy dreams

Edited by H-2 Charlie

Thanks for the compliments on the read my friends. I enjoy writing the articles but this one was really just to share a find a friend made. Finds like that don't come along often and most here on the forums can appreciate them for their uniqueness and work involved.

Klunker- I'm serious about keeping confidential what friends reveal to me. However, I may be more inclined to talk with you if a generous donation is made to the Mike Greyshock empty wallet relief fund ;)

Matt- I see them at most of the Raleys in our neck of the woods and I know borders and books carries them too. We'll have to hunt soon.

H-2 Charlie- my friend told me it was about 3' deep and took a long time to dig amongst the cobbles and one stubborn boulder of a rock.

---- Mike Greyshock

Amen silence is indeed golden as the first thing that goes when the IRS/State shows is your computer. Once revealed your latest greatest is now TAXABLE. Even selling your 30 year old klunker is now taxable,same as that garage sale cash,swapmeet and ANYTHING that goes in your pocket. Yet Richie Rich gets to cruise around for free on that multi million dollar yaucht free as a tax write off as a client or 2 goes out on it a few times a year but you miners well ???? As recent revelations have proved everything you show,say or do is recorded to be used against you in a court of law---no yaaa for todays in your face,or up your ......destruction of privacy and tax the poor some more as the 1% need MORE-John

John, I am assuming that laws changed and now selling gold is taxable? Is this something somewhat recent? Or are they just talking about it?? I could swear I looked into that when I started prospecting a few years ago and it was not taxable income at that point but I could be remembering wrong...

It's capital gains when you sell it. If you set things up correctly your acquisition costs are mostly deductible.

:nutty: sic sic sic world-G Pa spent many a year out in the bay in Alcatraz prior to Folsom for tax evasion as booze,drugs and gun running charges wouldn't stick. Taught me a good lesson visiting G Pa in the joint as a tiny child. :old: FEAR THE FEDS as one way or another they'll get you in the end and you don't get to pick which one......John