Nugget Shooter Forums

Anyone ever hunted a golf course?

I've got quite a few closed golf courses near me. Thought they might be a great place to hunt with all the drunk golfers dropping coins all over. Was wondering if anyone has ever hunted one and what kind of success they may have had.

Closed? As in "for the season" or permanent?

Most golfers don't carry coins or stuff in their pockets-- the mental thing. Most guys I know remove watches and bling for the round also.

Now, back at the nineteenth hole if there is an outdoor watering hole you might have better luck. Once they shower , dress and put their bling back on they like to sit around and tell lies.

Wouldn't hurt to give it a go.

The course i use to play had a big patio and a place to cook your steaks. All the traffic going and coming from the club house is where the coins are at for sure. You know where there's beer, drinks, and food, there's gona be lots of change too. But when playing I tried not to have any change in my pockets. Just a ball marker and a few tees for me.

I golfed for years and never bothered taking anything out of my pockets. Most guys I new were the same. I always figured there'd be lots of dropped coins around tee boxes from fishing out tees, and paying the beer girls. Maybe not.

And yes MacGump, closed for good.

Play a lot of golf. I only carry a couple of dimes on me for markers. A buddy of mine lost his wedding ring somewhere on our local course. He thinks it is in one of bunkers but not sure. You never know what you might find. I think it would be worth a shot. Maybe you'll get one in a hole, instead of a hole in one!! :D

GET PERMISSION and run,don't walk to the nearest sandtrap as from past experiences it's a real good hotspot to start-John PS-PS- take your beach sandscoop and you'll be a much happier man :old: same as in parks they sure do make ya more faster :200:

• 2 months later...

Having worked now for over ten years in the golf business I would be all over those courses.... And would start around the Greens and Tees especially where they approach and exit them. We had a Lady at the private course I was working at last summer offer up a $4k reward yes that was $4,000 to find her lost earring.... plus many golfers have "Special" coins or "ball markers" for luck and with the deep grass any coin dropped is usually lost....

Yessir I had permission to detect the Private Course I was working at but never found the time or energy to invest as that is a heck of a lotta acreage to try to cover, my buddy and I did go around the Clubhouse area in hopes that all the "Hooplas" hosted there would provide some treasures but we didn't find much leaving us to think it had been gone over before at some time as this club was founded at the turn of the century..... there is still alot of grass to cover and many treasures to be found if only there was time....

Hi D-Day,

Yes I and a friend hunted a local Phoenix golf course back in the late 1970's. Since they wouldn't give us permission, we hit it on a moonlight night, from about 9:00 til near dawn. we only spotted the rent-a-cop in his cart, two times all night, We found religious medals, neck chains, coins, money-clips, and some women's silver rings. No wedding bands, no large coins. We made more money on the balls we "harvested" from the water, than from any finds. I don't look as good in black, as I used to, so someday, I'd like to do it again but, with permission.

Ben

• 1 month later...