Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

homefire

Another thing they can ban . Killer Bullets!

Bob I use what does the job. I carry a couple clips for my 9mm ,both loaded with snake shot,

and metal jacket hollow points. At camp or home it is all jacketed hollow points. I only use

Winchester or Remington ammo and no reloads in all of my guns. No hollow points or fancy

bullets for hunting either,except hollow points in the 22-250 for coyotes. I am not a long range,

or target shooter,most of my shooting is in the brush,or timber.

The rest I only use soft nose or core locks,or Winchester silver tips. I gave my model 700

Remington .270 to my Son with ,one round left out of a box of 20,everyone of the missing

19 rounds all got a deer each,and he finished off the last one with another deer. You don't

need fancy crap ,if you can hunt or hit where you point.

I have never had a cripple or wasted meat,and none have ever taken over a couple jumps

after being hit. I used to do a lot of bird hunting,and loved hunting ducks and geese until I

saw them feeding in the sewer ponds. That kinda soured me on that. I hate turkey,so I quit

chasing them too,and I gave my shotguns to my boys. By the way my old wife can cut a deer

up and have it in the freezer and a pot of chili made, before most guys can figure out where

to start. Out of all the fancy guns that I ever owned,my old 64 Winchester with iron sights is

still my favorite game getter. It fits like a glove,and hits where I point it. Last deer I shot with

it was a 6 point buck ,shot him from the hip and,he dropped like a rock. When I shoot it from

the shoulder it is on target before I even look through the sights. Don't need no stinking sights.

Fancy knives,guns and bullets don't mean a thing,unless one just likes to play with shiny toys.

O.K., I pick sawmill to be on my team. :yesss:

Steel Pan

I got your back,if you ever have a run in with a tweety bird just give a yell.

I have the old ,41 mag Blackhawk cleaned and oiled with a couple boxes of

wad cutters. I will smoke his little arse in a heartbeat. :ROFL: Remember it is all

about ballistics,bad attitude, and reflex,or maybe just ,shooting by the braile

method. :idunno: Shooting is like playing music by ear,it just comes natural to

some folks.

Tweety birds? :25r30wi:

I took out a woodpecker at around 100 yrds with an '06 when I was about 12. Just left a puff of feathers in the air.

Never did find a carcus. :laught16:

No body, no fowl. :brows:

Shooting is like playing music by ear,it just comes natural to

some folks.

I can relate, but just how do I get guitar strings on my '06?

...or how/where do I load my Gibson? :89:

LOL! While I was in Turkey we went dove hunting all the time . We could fill up a few Ice Chest in just a few hours and took them to the Mess Hall . They would prep them and there would be a line outside to get some.

20 Gauge was the weapon of choice back then.

The Turks would see us hunting, come out with there something less then a 20 gauge. They thought it was great fun shooting with the Americans showing off there abilities. Black Powder shotgun. Didn't have the money for Shot so they would just sift out 1/4 gravel from the river bed with there screen. Didn't have money for Percussion Caps but they had the Diamond Matches and would jamb one on the nipple or in the hammer. They hated Dove said they tasted Nasty. But they loved Starlings. They would go home with almost as many Starling as we had dove. Go Figure.

Don't know where they got there powder. Made it there self maybe.

O.K., I pick sawmill to be on my team. :yesss:

Me too