Nugget Shooter Forums

Looking to dig some fluorite to add to my collection

My shelf is getting full!!! I have tons of copper minerals, crystals, and geodes, but the fluorite eludes me!!! I did go to a location from fluorescent minerals of AZ, but they were not really all that great...:-(( I'm looking for purple, or sky blue fluorite with some cubes......I had a location, but the borders of another claim holder were not clear, so I am waiting for that to resolve....until then, I am still searching the mindat and checking to see if the claims are active or not.....I'm getting pretty good at checking that LR2000 report to see if claims are active or not........don't want another loon with a gun telling me to get off his land... ( blm) land that is.

Big cubes of fluorite can be found all over in the castle dome district just north east of Yuma. I filled up bags with pinks, blues & greens, up to 2 " on edge. Collecting status can change though.... There is a living ghost town museum there that is a must see as well.....

How far away is castle dome?? I live in scottsdale.... Off 101 and Shea area....... Might anyone know ad some location area a bit closer?? I don't mind driving, but I usually just have the weekends to go out and get my rock/mineral fix...:-))

I just recently within the last month took my kids to the rowley mine.... And I though that was a good distance....but very rewarding and fun. I go towards Florence quite a bit too when I go looking for copper minerals as well.

How far away is castle dome?? I live in scottsdale.... Off 101 and Shea area....... Might anyone know ad some location area a bit closer?? I don't mind driving, but I usually just have the weekends to go out and get my rock/mineral fix...:-))

I just recently within the last month took my kids to the rowley mine.... And I though that was a good distance....but very rewarding and fun. I go towards Florence quite a bit too when I go looking for copper minerals as well.

Sarah,

Its pretty far to Castle Dome Mtns. Get a copy of any of the latest rockhound books by Neil Bearce and there should be some closer locations in it. If I have a chance I will look at my book.

I got this plate of Flouro`s outside of Florence

DSC06875_zps3df2875e.jpg

Adam.... All the books I have I have looked for the locations.... The one by Neil bearce has a location off eagle eye road, I found it , but theaterial is lack luster to at the least.... I want some of what you have!!! Feel like sending me a pm and telling me where you got yours?? I just want a chunk for my shelf...:-))