Nugget Shooter Forums

Small Gold Basin find

Spent a day and a half this week at GB, and found this nice, but small, 8.7 gram meteorite. Weather was quite cool but sunny. Needed light gloves.

post-23665-0-85424500-1389911720_thumb.j

post-23665-0-88217600-1389911746_thumb.j

post-23665-0-44934100-1389911797_thumb.j

Nice stone Karl. GB has been good to you again.

Did you camp overnight like before? Windy?

Saginaw

Saginaw...no it was too cold in AM, evening and nighttime to camp. Didn't want to but went to the only motel in Meadview. Bare bones motel, but ok. Wanted dinner and bkfst, but sadly no restaurant at all in Meadview! Won't go there again unless absolutely necessary. Daytime weather at GB was fine, just very cool.

Thanks Karl. Good to know. Ice chest and microwavable (?) food is a must for Meadview overnights..

Glad you scored again at GB.

Saginaw

Hi Karl and all,

I was surprised to hear that Ken's Pizza (and other good things) was no longer open, next to Canyon's End Motel. I called my friend in Meadview, and she said it still is open. the owner drives into Vegas regularly and buys quality meat, bread, bacon and fresh produce and is quite proud of his efforts. He purchased it a few years ago and did upgrade the food. Perhaps you were there on the one day a week that they close? I believe that has always been Tuesday.

I also asked her about the news article with the shootings, she said that was at a place near Lake Mead City. I also heard that the gas station closer to Meadview town center will be reopening and also a Dollar Store is about to open across from Canyon's End Motel. So things are looking up for those of us who don't camp and don't want to drive back to Kingman each night.

Twink

Twink,

Yes I was there on a Tuesday, the only night the motel is closed. I definitely will go there in the future, but, of course, not on a Tuesday.

Karl

Aloha Karl,

Nice find but then again any find from GB now is going to come to those that work for it.

Aloha and stay safe out there,

Stan aka Kaimi