Nugget Shooter Forums

Brass case cleaner

What have you found to clean up your cases to make them look new, that means taking ALL the stains and tarnish off them.

Corn cob and walnut make them shine but does not remove the tarnish.

Lyman turbo sonic cleaner I found to be a waste of time.

anyone tried the Hornady One Shot case cleaning solution?? I have heard it will make them look factory fresh.

thanbks

Case Brite. Put a few of gallons of warm water in a bucket.Most prospectors have one of those other buckets with a screen bottom. Put the brass in that and drop it into the bucket of water. If you need more water then add it. The Case Brite has mixing instructions with it. After the time is up you can leave the brass in the screen bottom bucket and rinse in another bucket. Works like a champ. All gun stores do NOT carry Case Brite so you might have to search for it.

Case Brite. Put a few of gallons of warm water in a bucket.Most prospectors have one of those other buckets with a screen bottom. Put the brass in that and drop it into the bucket of water. If you need more water then add it. The Case Brite has mixing instructions with it. After the time is up you can leave the brass in the screen bottom bucket and rinse in another bucket. Works like a champ. All gun stores do NOT carry Case Brite so you might have to search for it.

It is a mild phosphoric acid isn't it?

I have used a little DuPont bare metal prep diluted with water. It works great. There are a few "baths" for brass that are based on phosphoric acid. It seems to me that Case Brite was one of them.

That metal prep is expensive and only comes in one gallon jugs. Just a couple tablespoons in a bucket half full of water will sure remove it all and leave a beautiful finish on the brass.

My dad was a Avid Reloader. He would never reload anything more the five time. Check for Neck Cracks and other Nasty every time. Resize , Cut back to detentions and it worked for him. He did well in Competitions with his own loads. Most brass came off the Range that was military and we knew it had been shot once. Never had problems, Never Cleaned it, Never did any thing more then a Ammonia Bath and rinsed out under distilled water. Looked Clean and did the job.

Edited by homefire