Nugget Shooter Forums

Christmas Prospector Gifts, what did you get?

Relichunter2

Here's a fun topic , I wanted to know if anyone wants to share any Holiday gifts they received for prospecting. It's always nice when someone gets us surprise gifts for our passions like nugget-hunting. I received two. The first was the Hip -Stick and the second a Leatherman Wave multi-tool. I got the Hip-stick assembled last night and it works great. Over the years I have strained my shoulders, but now with the Hip-Stick I can detect till I am 100... :old: . The second is my Leatherman multi-tool, pretty cool gift because I can apply it in many ways when I am detecting. So if and what did you get for Christmas/Holiday that pertains to prospecting?

Christmas morning I go downstairs and lo and behold found this sitting in the middle of the family room. Still wondering how the hell he got it down the chimney. :89:

greenrokon.jpg

AZB,

I thought you already had a Rokon, did you sell the Scout?

Either way Santa was good to you, I'm sure he just drove it down the chimney, they say the Rokon will go anywhere!!

I thought you already had a Rokon, did you sell the Scout?

I have two of them now. Picked the green one up the other day off of Craigslist. Decided I'm gonna get serious about finding gold this year, so I figured I'd better grab another Rokon so my prospecting buddy has something to ride. I'm fabbing up carriers for the backends as we speak, so I can carry large tote boxes on them. Gonna turn both of them in to my little mechanical mules. :thumbsupanim

Edited by azblackbird
  • Like 1

I got a real nice panning for beginners kit. Cant wait to practice my panners skills. Wonder if I'm a panner prospector now?

You can always use the pan for a hat if the panningprospecting thing doesnt work out. :4chsmu1:

Tom H.

It always rains when bolderdash goes out and he'll need that pan to cover his pate. I remember when we were all cought out in the flat with nothing but a couple of garbage bags for cover. I gave myself a pair of LA Gear non metalic boots this year and they are great, no more stepping into the detecting zone and it beeping off.

Old Tom

It always rains when bolderdash goes out and he'll need that pan to cover his pate. I remember when we were all cought out in the flat with nothing but a couple of garbage bags for cover. I gave myself a pair of LA Gear non metalic boots this year and they are great, no more stepping into the detecting zone and it beeping off.

Old Tom

Hey great minds for sure! I got myself an extra pair of those LAPGear nonmetallic boots too. And some gloves Clay Diggins recommended along with some Smart Wool socks.

Hey Frank, ya still got us and that's good. I'll lend you my new boots if you fit in a size 13. Just get out there a little more and pick up some yeller.

Old Tom

I got a bunch of warm shirts, and some website creation software/plugins.

Traded for "early" Christmas presents during hunting season and got accessories for my gun and stuff, and a new (to me) shell for the Tacoma.

Thanks for the HipStick comments! This past year marked a milestone, 10,000 units sold! with only 1 returned.

Edited by nvchris

Gary, I will check those out on line if I can get them that way. You know how it is up here in the sticks....:) Ever since I got my 20" NF mono, my Redwings set them off every step I take. Chris I took my Hipstick out today, what can I say but, ohh what a relief it is....:)

I was so wanting one and my hunting partner bought them it for me....

RH2 check out LA Police gear.....they have a lot of boots and I just wait until they have what I want on sale then I buy.....my buddy in OKC has my last pair I bought last month....he'll bring them when he comes down in Feb.

Be sure to read the description so you don't buy something with metal, not even eyelets.

Try this: New Balance Bushmaster- $49.99

http://www.lapolicegear.com/nb-812mtn-bushmaster-boot.html

2 two TWO Rokons :th: wow........company whilst prospecting is always a good idea and color me green with envy-John :brows:

Nothing really to be envious about John. I'm sure if you were to take a look around in your area, you could probably pick one up for about the price of a used gold detector.

Got me a real early Christmas gift in the form of a 2001 Jeep TJ, then I put new shoes on him (Jeeps are hims, not hers).

Other than that, it's all about the kiddo come Christmas in these parts.

Now I have a street legal 4x4 to get me places. Just gotta get some stuff fabbed up to have a little more storage.

Happy now?

(Not sure if file uploads work on mobile)

Need to get some Arizona pinstripping on it! :)

Tom H.