Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Bug 2 Question

I have been looking to buy a used detector with which I can hunt gold and meteorites. I thought I had something lined up that I was pretty excited about, but that got changed. So now I am looking to pick up a used Gold Bug 2. I am saving up for another 5000, but since I am only a little over halfway there, I want to pick up something I can use in the meantime. And who knows, maybe I will get lucky and find something with the GB2 that will help fund the 5000. So what should I be willing to spend on a used GB2? I will be looking for one that is in very good condition so I know I must take that into consideration. I know I can get them new for $765, so what is a good used price? Thank you!

$600 is a common selling price used.

Wow, $600? If I have to spend $600 for used, I might as well just spend the extra $175 for a new one...lol. I need to take some of these meteorites back out to the lakebed and run my GB Pro over them to see how it works there. Tried it in my front yard but couldn't get the detector to stabilize.

Adam, I will be ready to purchase mine on the 11th of January, at which time I will have approximately $500-$550 to spend. I know where one is right now for $550 that is in near mint condition, so I hope it is still available on that day. If not, I save up a little more money and buy a new one. Merry Christmas.

Hey Chris. That GB Pro will be useless on the lakebed. It barely picks up 5-10 grammers on good ground! No problem with the big ones, but how often do you run into those :-)

Hey Chris. That GB Pro will be useless on the lakebed. It barely picks up 5-10 grammers on good ground! No problem with the big ones, but how often do you run into those :-)

Not too often, Roy. Not too often! As soon as this guy pays me for the rocket I am selling him I will be able to get the GB2. Heck, maybe I will get lucky and some collector will offer me a few grand for my big find once it is classified. Mike says I may be able to get approx. $10 per gram for it... :brows: . It would be a hard thing to let go, but that would also put a big dent in the price of the 5000 I am saving for. Hope to hunt with ya again soon.

Mike says I may be able to get approx. $10 per gram for it...

Maybe more, maybe less, what do I know? :)

I've seen classified Stewart Valley rocks that were way uglier sell for prices I thought were way too high in Tucson.

Edited by Mikestang

I think $10/g is a wet dream.

But good luck with that!

Jim

For the record, I never said I was actually wanting to sell these. I was just curious of their value. Not selling them. But I have always believed that items are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them, regardless of what they are.