Nugget Shooter Forums

Been stuck in Skunkville for about a month now

I don't know about you guys and gals...but Skunkville is not a place I would recommend visiting. Been here for about a month now..and don't seem to know how to get out of this place... :cry2: .The roads and trails in Skunkville have been well traveled by many early miners...found some ole workings, quartz piles, gullies and ravines..but no GOLD for me.Now don't get me wrong....been doing this a long time and I don't quit...but I got to get out of this place and find me some yellow metal soon :idunno: .Oct,Nov I have done well and I got my share, perhaps this is why a month in Skunkville..is something I don't recommend. I suppose if you all would share...whats the longest you been in Skunkville..before you got gold again :ya::ya: ?

Oh, a mere 6 months for me before I found my first nugget! :)

I was axle deep in the muck at skunksville.

Hang in there....we all go though it.

Tom H.

I would say months also. Seems to come in spurts. Hot some months, and cold other months. Hang in there 49goldrush, it happens to all of us. Hope you find your hot streak soon.

Dave.

For detecting a nugget in AZ,I'm the king of skunks 29 years! thoe i didn't detect every year still alot of them.found over 300 in Alaska over 6 summers there,37 in ausrailia in 2 weeks this summer.Still looking in AZ,not giving in ever i love my skunk he has become my constant companion,wait i mean i won't give up looking for my az nugget detecting>>>>>>kelly

• Like 1

Been there as much and more as not. Habits suck! I have a very bad problem w/ 1 nugget patches (I'm the king of those!); I will beat to death an area for just one more and 99 times out of 100, it just ain't there. Am I gonna quit doing it? no, but it gets irritating!

Just a thought, think outside the box. We're all creatures of habit. Try looking somewhere different and use a different approach. You know the see two paths, one easy and one hard- take the hard. If you're crawling- you already know this; but then that's where the best Mariposa gold is ;-)

And lastly, skunksville is way better than doin chores around the house or choir practice! Enjoy the chance to be where you're at, between age and the government, don't know how much longer we will be able to.

Just say'n, Shep

• Like 2

shep your words ring true,I have tried every trick in the book. I find 100% patches containing 0 nugs.I am very good at this.Guys with me have found some dandys.A bud from canada got four at stanton including a 1 and a 2 1/2 ouncer,in the four days we were there this was right after the tongue nugget was found.but it hasn't fazed me i usually find some gold i just don't detect it try as i may. >>>kelly I AIN'T AFFRAID OF NO SKUNK!!!!! post-26859-0-12419400-1387611202_thumb.j

Edited by kelly starkey

And lastly, skunksville is way better than doin chores around the house or choir practice! Enjoy the chance to be where you're at, between age and the government, don't know how much longer we will be able to.
Just say'n, Shep

Shep ole man, I have to agree to that one hundred percent. I have seen so many things change in my time that I tell young folks to enjoy the great outdoors now while you still can. It won't be long, maybe not in my day, but it will be a rich man's only opportunity one day. I originally came from New Jersey and I have seen land close off for everyone but politicians or those who could pay the high price. I used to hunt and fish the woods and fields as a youngster. I was drafted into the armed service and when I came home after serving most of my old hunting grounds were closed off or bought up by clubs. It ig getting so that you need a lisence to fish the ocean now. Get out there and enjoy it while you still can.

Old Tom

• Like 1

Trading,

I know I can't find gold on my couch so I get out there. I was in a skunkville rut from October 2012 until November 2013. It was then I bought a couple of new coils.

Those purchases forced me to change some things I normally did and I found a piece of gold, a week later another piece and then wham ... I was rewarded with a nice one.

Maybe you want to put on a coil you haven't used in a while. The gold is there and you will get it.

Mitchel

You guys don't seem to get it! The ways i figure, if the aliens don't won't you to find gold, you ain't gona find no GOLD! From a bounty hunter to a minelab 5000, no matter how shallow of how deep, they'll put a block on it that babo won't wash off. Come back to da place in a couple of months and ye shall find GOLD...ahhhhhhhh....now it's time for coffee.

Also i might add, if you ever find any of these in a wash, throw em as far as you can. They're there to protect the gold.

post-26159-0-70041000-1387617166_thumb.j

Edited by Rimshot

I think it happens frequently, but some folks seem to be immune to thst smell, I know cause I hunt with them a lot! I had that little black and white guy follow me around for at least five years when I got my first Minelab (SD2200) for the life if me I could not find a nugget. I got so frustrated I sold it. Got interested again and bought a 3500 a year later... Same thing and frustration made me sell that one too. On the claim we were dredging one year I thought part of a washed out area above the waterline could produce a detected nugget but I had no detector. My partner had a MXT he put in my hand and I finally got rid of that pet. I did not even know how to use that detector I just lucked out with a 1/4 grammar.

One thing for sure, skunks can't swim under water 'cause I never saw him in many years of Dredging!

Amen Steve as no smelly skunks underwater. When a new coil starts producing where there were none, it's time to have THAT coil checked out. A lot of the time it's equipment problems and folks just don't even think to check it out. Send in the controlbox also as ALL detectors do fail sooner or later after all the HORRENDOUS treatment we give'm-heat,cold,water,dust,dirt,sweat,dropped,kicked,fall down on and on and on and on .....what a hard life :head: and we call it recreation :brows: John

• Like 1

Well guys people who have hunted with me know that I dont usually get skunked to often (knock on wood) you can call it bragging if you will but what can I say :brows: -no magic mumbo jumbo dousing BS here-just pure determination :idunno: -and IMHO as far as using a bunch of different coils-for me its a waste of beepin time to be changing coils out :zzzzz: I would rather be beepin for gold as I only get out a couple of times a month if that :4chsmu1: I only use one coil 99.9 % of the time :head: One more thing-for me its not about the amount of gold I find its about seeking and finding :arrowheadsmiley: -if I only find one little flake Im happy with that its only a hobby for me :tisk-tisk: Mike C... :200: PS-Who the hell wants to hear about Skunks-this is a gold forum not a skunk forum :idunno:

Edited by Mike C...

Well after I read all your comments....I don't feel so bad....We all made a stop at Skunkville.unless your Garimpo... :Diggin_a_hole: ..but because it stinks so bad...we choose to work hard and change the scene for a while and try new spots. Shep, I am like you...when I hit a patch and a good one at that, I am there 30 days straight trying every coil in my arsenal to find more...than I realize...dude you killed this dirt , its done move on. I also change coils...it takes a second...and I have found at times it's worked for me. Garimpo, you must be one lucky fella in Brazil....large tracts of land, ranches miles wide and long for you to hunt at your whim...and those nice nuggs you find....hope the luck stays with you. I suppose Skunks are not so bad...as long as you leave em alone..they move on to better pastures...I am taking the weekend off...I am determined to find one at least this month when I do...I will post it....that I left Skunkville. Happy Hunting to you all.....Hope you all find a Christmas Nugget or two.

R.C. 49GRTP

mn9043,

Your so right...in order to find them you have to be out looking....I go out 3-5 days a week...and hit it pretty good. I am now in a new area...I just have not hit it...my friend found a nice 4 gram one..well it became the one nugget patch..lol. So we continue on...until we find the OMG Nugget, I know it's there...But don't get me wrong..regardless if I find one or not..I enjoy being out there..hiking and exploring ...it beats being at home doing chores....:) I think I will go out on Sunday and give it a go, cant wait until Monday.

I've spent the week here doing meetings and parties at night but beginning Sunday night ... I can get out and get after it again. This might be my last Christmas alone so I'm going to take advantage of it!!!!

No wining, complaints, dining, obligations, regrets, pinings, etc, etc ... time out swinging.

I'll deal with family and relatives another Christmas.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Just get a gb2 only a skunk for a day maybe 2.. problem solved.

Im thinking more like half a day? :P

Tom H.