Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Ron

Editing Posts

Why can I no longer edit posts after I have entered them? If I make an uh-oh or need to add or delete info I'm SOL! It was never this way before and is not that way on the other forums using this format ... S'Up? ...Cheers, Unc

Worked for me Unc....G

Ron,

I'm heading out the door for work, I see what I can find out after I get home, I may have too contact an IP Board Tech to find the issue.

If Bill see this post maybe he can find the cause before I get home?

Is there anyone else that is having this issue?

Skip

Some times if I try to Edit, all I get is a blank page.

Has to be done in like 15 minures as after which I can't either. As usual when it comes to puters I might be wrong-John

Edit mode will not give me a Curser this morning. Emmmm

Mine did Homey....G

Homey and Unc both your post worked good for me on the "edit" and so does mine don't know if that means anything or not.....have you tried a reboot or restart?

Yep did complete restart, but nada... The word "edit" is gone from bottom of my post.

OK, now it's there on this post but not on my others on here. It does seem like it's got a timer on it.

Edited by Uncle Ron
  • Like 1

maybe ya'll need to scrub your cookies...hehe

Unc I just tried a new email addy and it was worse than bad and it DID have a timer on it for writing and sending emails. Then it would just lock up the entire email page. Glad it's gone now!

I have all sorts of trouble with editing a post and sending a PM. I figured it was probably the phone format that I use now. It was fine the last time I used the computer but I can't send PMs or edit sometimes on the phone screen. I don't use the computer much anymore so I don't know how things are working in that format.

Typing with my thumb I edit a lot. When I have problems I just keep at it and sooner or later things work.

BB is right. I tried to edit his posts and couldn't do it either.

klunker I may be wrong but I think you can only edit your own post and not someone else's.....unless your a mod. or admin.

I have all sorts of trouble with editing a post and sending a PM. I figured it was probably the phone format that I use now. It was fine the last time I used the computer but I can't send PMs or edit sometimes on the phone screen. I don't use the computer much anymore so I don't know how things are working in that format.

Typing with my thumb I edit a lot. When I have problems I just keep at it and sooner or later things work.

Bob at the bottom of any page on the forum there is a "Change Theme" icon, if you click on that it will change the forum setup you see to the Mobile format, by changing the theme it should work better on your phone, but the layout of the forum may look a bit different.

I just walked in from work, after I eat I will try and see if I can find what maybe the issue with editing.

klunker I may be wrong but I think you can only edit your own post and not someone else's.....unless your a mod. or admin.

Don, I maybe wrong, but I think you missed the humor in Klunker's post!! :4chsmu1:

I was under the impression that once there is a reply to a post or a certain amount of time had passed then you could no longer go back and edit content.

I haven't been able to post a pic or quote post since my Internet Explorer 11 got updated.

I just walked in from work, after I eat I will try and see if I can find what maybe the issue with editing.

I have had few things come up I needed to do after eating, now it getting close to bedtime, I will try over the next few days to work on resolving this.

Test

I can edit. I use IE 9

Edited by Rimshot

I have had few things come up I needed to do after eating, now it getting close to bedtime, I will try over the next few days to work on resolving this.

Yo, Au Seeker... Are you the only IT guy on the forum?

Hello all, there were some issues on the AZO Forum and after changing over to Google Chrome things worked ok for me. Upgrading also worked for a few other people. I don't know if this will help, maybe. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

I use firefox for a browser and I can edit in here just fine...must be the browser.

Edited by Bucket

Yo, Au Seeker... Are you the only IT guy on the forum?

Ron,

Bill and I do the Administrator IT end of the forum, what we can't fix we get the help from IP Board Techs, we do have several Moderators, but they don't have access to the settings, etc.

Skip

Well crap, no wonder I can't find them. I can edit on IE9 and Chrome, guess that's all the damage I can do for now.

Editing posts after a couple hours is a feature included in support membership guys.... Regular members do not have this option after a few hours. This forum costs around 1600.00 a year to run with all our archives so we depend on members to help out and as a sort of reward you get some extra perks and are able to add links to your signature. My only other option is to dump all but a 1 year archive system and get the forum back to a 150.00 a year version, but also no support to speak of.

I just found the post from Bill about the difference between support membership and regular membership. I did not know that support membership was a requirement in order to have editing capability beyond a short time . Since a lot of my posts are based on updating experiments and field trial links, I can no longer post my DIY prospecting tools to this forum. I need editing in order to give my posts validity. Also I've been a member since 2012. I only just found out that my site addresses will be deprecated due to water damage to my personal server and now have an external web host service. The addresses on this forum will be lost and the links will no longer be available. Since I know the ungoing cost of a service like this I understand the reasoning. I wish I had known before I registered. Sorry for the links that will go bad depicting my experimental tools. I do have them on other prospecting forums with editing capabilities.

Sincerely,

Mike Laine

(malo)

Edited by malo